Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 04:55 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

got it from the email and i thought i would share this stuff to you guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

To all the engineers out there.
Two engineering students were walking across campus when one said, Where did you get such a great bike?" The second engineer replied, Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful
woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit."

Comprehending Engineers-Take Two
An architect, an artist and an engineer were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress.

The architect said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship.

The artist said he enjoyed time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery he found there.

The engineer said, "I like both." "Both?" Engineer: "Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each assume you are spending time with the other woman, and you can go to the office and get some work done."

Comprehending Engineers-Take Three
What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers?

Mechanical Engineers build the weapons;

Civil Engineers build the targets.

Comprehending Engineers-Take Four

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"

The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"

The graduate with an Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

Comprehending Engineers-Take Five
To the optimist, the glass is half full.

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Catch me if you can..
Old 03-20-2003, 06:03 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Actually as an Engineer I object to that last one - knowing how engineers like to build in safety margns and "over-design" things, I suspect they think that half full glass came in on plan, on time and on budget .
Old 03-20-2003, 06:39 AM   #3
Vampire

I would also to add an objection to the one with your wife and mistress... though i will not enlighten fellow Ironworkers what my exact opinion is on the matter.

Old 03-20-2003, 08:25 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Actually as an Engineer I object to that last one - knowing how engineers like to build in safety margns and "over-design" things, I suspect they think that half full glass came in on plan, on time and on budget .
I seem to remember you as a "glass half full suddenly empty" kind of guy!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #5
Mojo
Elminster

Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the possible designers of the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections."
The last one said, "Actually it was a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

An engineer was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want." Again the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?" The engineer said, "Look I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog ......that's cool."

Old 03-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I seem to remember you as a "glass half full suddenly empty" kind of guy! [/QUOTE]Now that was harsh buddy - that glass was full, then suddenly half full - I like people to get the facts right you know [img]smile.gif[/img]