Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 10:43 AM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

1) Say you have your basic party of six and one of them maxes out on experience. The subsequent experience points you get, are they then divded among the remainin five party members who have not reached to cap or are they still divided by six?

2) I'll been playing around with the cheats codes a little. I have a question on bumping up experience. How do you bump up a multi-class character like Jaheira or Aerie? I've tried on them and nothing changes. What gives?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-06-2001, 12:20 PM   #2
Rip Slaughter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1) I am pretty sure that you the XP is still split between all six.

2) You have to look at what class of the 2 or 3 classes the character has and look at which of the classes requires the highest XP to attain the next level, then times this figure by the number of classes. What you have to remember is that not only does the XP get split between all the different characters but it is subsequently split between the characters classes.

As an example if you have the following in you characters profile

Mage Current XP 1,000,000
Next level XP 1,500,000

Fighter Current XP 1,000,000
Next level XP 1,300,000

This means that you have earnt 2,000,000 experience points, equally split between you characters classes, hence slower progression for dual or multi classed characters.

If you therefore want to cheat and get to the next level the XP figure you have to enter into the console will be 3,000,000. If you were to enter only 1,500,000 to get to the next level of mage, this figure this would be split between the two classes i.e. 750,000 per class, a lot less than what you need!

Therefore the easiest way to resolve this would be double or triple the highest XP needed dependant on if you are dual or multi classed.

Clear as mud eh!

Sorry its a long and drawn out explanation, I hope your cheat now works.
Old 03-06-2001, 12:27 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah, but I've tried that and what I mean is that no matter what I put in there the numbers don't change at all. The numbers change on my singl classes characters. Any idea?

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-06-2001, 12:42 PM   #4
Rip Slaughter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well you must be entering the figures into the cheat console correctly as they work for the single classed characters.

So.....

Try entering in some really stupid high figures, 15 million or something and see what happens? The only other reason that this might not work is that your characters are already maxed out. (if they are maxed out try taking the XP cap off).

Apart from that I am at a bit of a loss, let me know what happens.