Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 06:51 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, as we all know, after ending up in the Pocket Plane after defeating Jon Irenicus. You have to travel to besieged Saradush, which is under attack by Fire Giants.

Interesting fact, on the city walls, at the north-north-east, where the city archers go to fight, and lose badly, to the Fire Giants, you can also fight the Fire Giants! Everytime you kill one, you get 8000Xp, and the best part is, the Fire Giants will not fight back! They only aim at the city archers!

Using ranged weapons with unlimited ammo, I had a field day racking up Xp for free. Basically, I left my party there to shoot and went to do other stuff, coming back only when they level up.

NOTE! This method is not for the impatient, it's fast-paced until you hit the mid-twenties, then the 8000 Xp seems insignificant, but I managed to get to max level before leaving fair Saradush.

It may seem lame to most, but I really wanted to get my high-level skills before venturing out.

Next unlimited Xp spoiler! (Do not read until you have completed Sendai)
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
At one point in the game, you have the option to go through a tunnel guarded by slaves. What you may not know, is that the slaves spawn infinitely until your party reaches the end of the tunnel... this can be turned to your advantage... heh heh.

Each slave is worth 12,000 Xp, but be warned, they do at least fight back. Basically, summon your best summons and let them slaughter the hapless slaves while your party take out the stragglers.

Massarce them until you hit your max level or until you grow sick of the mindless bloodbath. To put it one way, I killed so many, my 2 Bags of Holding could not store all their magical weapons and armour... not to mention I ran out of space in my 2 Bags of Potions too...

DISCLAIMER! What I have described are power-gaming tactics. It is not for all, but I thought I would share.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 08-20-2001).]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 12:34 PM   #2
LSRVIKING
The Magister

Thats awesome. And its not cheesy. That experience is well deserved.
LSRVIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 10:50 AM   #3
Redblueflare
Galvatron

The first method would help if I wasn't already level 20 in Shadow's of Amn. Aw well...

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 02:48 PM   #4
trex_2010
Dungeon Master

there is another way, but its not as fast as others however, a lot safer. in the desert town, the mercenaries are summoning baddies to practice on, you can kill the baddies for xp. if you have 3 melee in your party, set them to Fighter Agressive, and watch the blood flow. the monsters are summoned one by one so there's no danger.

------------------
~ One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity ~
trex_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 05:24 PM   #5
www.cffl.com

Hey thats realy cool but on my game they keep going invisable. i'll check again but i thing they do
Old 08-22-2001, 01:05 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by trex_2010:
there is another way, but its not as fast as others however, a lot safer. in the desert town, the mercenaries are summoning baddies to practice on, you can kill the baddies for xp. if you have 3 melee in your party, set them to Fighter Agressive, and watch the blood flow. the monsters are summoned one by one so there's no danger.
Doh! Forgot about that one. However, but at that stage in the game, killing Umber Hulks for Xp to level up would require almost Zen-like patience.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:05 AM   #7
Erekose
The Magister

I found out the slaves were unlimited the hard way A good tirck is to put the armor of the orogs into a bag of holding, its not a bad way to make some cash on the side.

------------------
THE RUNES ON THE SWORD ARE THE WORMS THAT ARE WISE
THE NAME OF THE SWORD IS THE SAME AS THE SCYTHE
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 10:47 AM   #8
Ixion
Dungeon Master

YAY. that would be fun. i think... the firegiant thing in the beginning is fun. i went into a rage first time i played and edwin took two Fireballs like landing on him...took him out for good. they fried his poor ass...i took it upon myself to avenge him...so i did that without thinking about it. think i gained 5 Lvs or something. i was just so got damn pist that they never stopped coming..

------------------
When Ixion the mage walks, the world shivers. (old BG saying)
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote