Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2003, 11:35 AM   #41
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
ROTFLM(agik's)AO@Attalus!

*Shocked* Yeah...riiiiiiiiiiight!! I was reading a few of those old threads in the Archives...and those two were two of the worst spammers/off topicers around. HEHEHE...That'll teach Cloudy to look up ancient...errr..."nostalgic" threads with me sitting next to her.

*coughs again* I don't know what on earth you're talking about... [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Mmmm hmm. Methinks I'll have to look up a thread or three and post the links. I seem to recall reading something about the first appearance of 'Evil Armi', and a certain Genie figuring prominently in the spamming.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 03-17-2003, 06:10 PM   #42
Charlie
Lord Ao

For a young man....that was one of the most adult things I ever read.

I've been where you are, it'll pan out. I know every one on the boards has probably read this poem more than once, but it can in times of self doubt and trouble, show us the way...it has helped me anyway.

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 03-17-2003, 08:02 PM   #43
Animal
Gold Dragon

Bullies, whether physical or emotional, are the ones with the problem, not you. They have such little self worth and respect, that they feel by mocking and tormenting another person, they gain the self respect that they are taking from you.

I wish I could understand what you are going through, but I can't. I've never been in that situation. I was much bigger than everyone else in school, so bullying was never an issue. I can say, that school will end one day, and you never have to deal with these people again.

As hard as it may be, don't let these people take any self worth away from you. The only difference I see in you, is an advanced maturity for someone your age. Not a bad thing by any means.

You seem like a pretty cool dude to me. It takes a very secure person to open up the way you did, and the people who count most in your life are the ones who'll respect you for who you are.