Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2002, 06:56 PM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Apparently police have their first suspect in the Shooter case, and a strong one, to boot.
The man was shot by his girlfriend, which brought him to their attention. His vehicle is a white suburban and contained police scanners and maps of the area(s) inside. The evidence from the vehicle was strong enough to get a search warrant for his house--police found a rifle that fits the ballistic evidence gathered so far. The only other information given was that the man was some sort of technician with Motorola.

I hope the police don't try to finger this man as the Shooter without all the proper evidence because they want to close the case quickly. Also, although I do hope they find the Shooter quickly, I'm not convinced just yet--it seems too convenient to find this person on a "lucky break". Having a volatile relationship with a girlfriend that results in being shot doesn't sound like the careful Shooter....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:02 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, Azred, being crazy enough to get your girlfriend to shoot you does sound right. Let's hope that it is, and, as you say, there is no rush to judgement and no copycats. BTW, I am going to get IWDII this weekend.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:07 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Just beware of kegs. They're crafty little buggers and more devious than you can possibly imagine.... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

So far it appears there have been no copycats, thank goodness.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:12 PM   #4
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Apparently police have their first suspect in the Shooter case, and a strong one, to boot.
The man was shot by his girlfriend, which brought him to their attention. His vehicle is a white suburban and contained police scanners and maps of the area(s) inside. The evidence from the vehicle was strong enough to get a search warrant for his house--police found a rifle that fits the ballistic evidence gathered so far. The only other information given was that the man was some sort of technician with Motorola.

I hope the police don't try to finger this man as the Shooter without all the proper evidence because they want to close the case quickly. Also, although I do hope they find the Shooter quickly, I'm not convinced just yet--it seems too convenient to find this person on a "lucky break". Having a volatile relationship with a girlfriend that results in being shot doesn't sound like the careful Shooter....
You know this supports KHaN's theory that the reason this guy was so elusive was because his van contained scanning devices and he was avle to remain a step ahead of them that way! I'll have to relay this piece of news to him!
Let's hope that this is the one and that this nightmare can end.

Old 10-14-2002, 07:16 PM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Just beware of kegs. They're crafty little buggers and more devious than you can possibly imagine.... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Kegs? You lost me. Are you talking about IWDII?

Moni, that does make a lot of sense. Wouldn't be the first time that police scanners have been used against the police.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:27 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I sure would like this guy to be the killer, but what about the fact that witnesses speak of seeing two men? Well I guess one is better than none, and if it is one of them, it is kind of deserved justice for him to be *shot*. Guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop.

Attalus you will understand about the kegs soon enough LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-14-2002, 07:52 PM   #7
Moni

If the girlfriend shot him, maybe she was involved and the witnesses saw two men when it was really a woman and a man?

Old 10-15-2002, 06:37 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, after hearing the latest news, it appears they have the wrong guy.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:02 AM   #9
Arkan
Welcomed New User

Hy guys.
I think the Shooter will not be taken alive or he will never be caught ( he will retire back in the shadows). Remember, we are talking about a sniper who's not afraid to shoot anibody. I think he's a veteran, because he's proving to have military training and of course, experience. It's not easy to see your victim's face (a child's especially). So, I guess that he will be shot by the police or ....
Old 10-15-2002, 07:05 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Well, after hearing the latest news, it appears they have the wrong guy.
Yup, false alarm. Just a painful coincidence...