Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2002, 01:25 AM   #11
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Someone said this is just another reason for gun control. I look at it from the other side, this is another reason we should all carry weapons on our hip. If we all still carried side arms there would not be a wild bunch shooting at unarmed people because they would fear someone shooting back at them. I think we should hunt these bastards down and then hang them from a neighborhood Tree then while their kicking and gaging we should beat them with baseball bats. That would make the next wackos think twice about using civilians for targets!
Old 10-05-2002, 02:05 AM   #12
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I hate that "sniper" he only have the guts to kill peoples from a distanse and play cat and mouse with the police god he will be SO dead when they get him!!!
Old 10-05-2002, 03:27 AM   #13
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Who ever is doing this is a serial killer with a brain in his head. The method is pure genius! Shoot someone from far enough away so that no one hears the gunshot, you arent in the nearby vicinity so no one will notice you, and by the time people realize what happened you are long gone. THe police are going to have a rough time catching this guy.If I were to guess what kind of person it was I would have to say one of 3 types. #1 ex military and pissed at the world a la Timothy Mc Veigh , #2 unibomber type general wacko, or #3 the buzz word of the hour TERRORISTS!!
Old 10-05-2002, 04:02 AM   #14
Big Bad Bear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just my two cents here...

Probably not my business to suggest, but more often than not, if we receive news of an American shooting / killing spree here in the Netherlands (a.k.a Holland), it's some young kid that feels he's been neglected, not treated properly or whatever and he takes it out with Pa and Ma's guns on his school class or whatever.

[img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] I mean, this happens so often in your society you even have an expression for it... "going Postal" right? If you stop to think about it, that's sick. With a capital S (for stupid too).

Your (american) laws and such give you the right to own guns (but as I understand not every state allows this). WITH this Right also comes Responsibility. Meaning that you, as a parent, guardian or whatever have the responsibility to teach your children what guns can do if used improperly. If you can't spare the time or trouble to teach your kids how to use guns, BUT you still want to own one... [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Damn. spoiled my entire mood here.. I'm all sad and depressed just thinking about what a waste of life shootings like this are. Like I said, my two cents.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:23 AM   #15
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Kiddies in england aren't allowed shotguns so they go and get someone to buy airguns for them and shoot at buses and roar with laughter when one person has to have plastic surgery to correct her face after the falling glass slashed it to Hell. There was a boy near where I live who got shot in the back while cycling home by an airgun-it shattered several bones before coming to rest in...I think it was his kidney, maybe even his lung. Luckily, he survived and is now campaigning for higher age restrictions on air guns. Like that's going to stop the pikeys.
Come to think of it the only two shootings I can really remember is the kid who the authorities said was listening to Marilyn Manson then shot a lot of people in his school. or that man who came into the church and shot a load of people.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:50 AM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Bad Bear:
Just my two cents here...

Probably not my business to suggest, but more often than not, if we receive news of an American shooting / killing spree here in the Netherlands (a.k.a Holland), it's some young kid that feels he's been neglected, not treated properly or whatever and he takes it out with Pa and Ma's guns on his school class or whatever.

[img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] I mean, this happens so often in your society you even have an expression for it... "going Postal" right? If you stop to think about it, that's sick. With a capital S (for stupid too).

Your (american) laws and such give you the right to own guns (but as I understand not every state allows this). WITH this Right also comes Responsibility. Meaning that you, as a parent, guardian or whatever have the responsibility to teach your children what guns can do if used improperly. If you can't spare the time or trouble to teach your kids how to use guns, BUT you still want to own one... [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Damn. spoiled my entire mood here.. I'm all sad and depressed just thinking about what a waste of life shootings like this are. Like I said, my two cents.
Actually, the phrase "going postal" comes from the series of disgruntled US Postal workers who took up weapons against their co-workers/customers in the 80's. Now it's used to describe just about anyone who's had "too much" and turns violent.

All American's who haven't been convicted of a Felony have the right to own guns no matter which state they live in. You are right about the responsibility of gun ownership and training. The bad thing is, even with the best training and guidance, someone who wants to do harm will do it.

Kids certainly should not have access to their parents guns without being under their direct supervision. A number of laws have been enacted which hold the gun owner liable in instances like these if the weapon was not secured.

These episodes are a terrible waste of life, and I hope they catch this SICKO soon.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:22 AM   #17
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh crap, saw this on the news the other day, kinda hoped it wouldn't turn up here and ruin everyone's mood, but with so many americans here, it was inevitable.
These kind of people are either mentally sick or just sick. If the former, it is usually out of their control anyway. If the latter, they should be dropped at the White House's door with a sign saying "I've only been probed twice today, go on, pull down my underwear and give me another!!!"
Old 10-05-2002, 10:52 AM   #18
Strife
Elite Waterdeep Guard

FYI. Just to let everyone know who talk about gun control.

Washington D.C. has the most restrictive gun laws in the whole of the United States.

Right to carry is the only way. [img]smile.gif[/img]