Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2003, 11:27 AM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

What does this mean or do?I've seem a few weapons that are or can be "bound",but have no idea what that does.And in case it matters I'm playing the xbox version.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:18 PM   #2
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

A bound weapon means that when the special ability for the item, but in your case, weapon, that for the alotted amount of time a deadric weapon is spawned.

SPOILER
I you constant effect a ring with bound whatever weapon, its bound to cost ten times less than the real thing. and it weighs nothing!
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:50 PM   #3
Oruboris

AND it repairs itself every time you take the item [ring, amulet, whatever] off and put it on again!

AND bound items give you skill bonuses: +10 for each weapon type, and +5 or +10 to med, hev, and lght armour for the cuirass.

I've made several items with 'bound' effects: an exquisite amulet will hold longsword, spear, bow cuirass, and dagger as constant effects, IIRC...

My bound bow is the only one I ever use: great deal better against tough things [like golden saints] than other bows: takes 'em out with just a couple of shots, if you have anything better than iron arrows. And the bound spear costs no weight to carry, but allows you to train up your spear skill, which is endurance based: would never have got my 100 end. without it.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:15 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Sure you would, there are mastertrainers in the game, remember ?
Old 12-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Becareful with enchanting your item with constant bound effect. It may crash your game when you wear it.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 03:19 PM   #6
Oruboris

I've found the patched version very stable, and can't remember a crash related to the bound constant effect items. I've had a ton of them too: When my gear improves [such as getting the Lord's mail] I generally make a new item, leaving off any effects for bound stuff that's essentially obsolete.

I don't doubt bound constant effects can cause crashes, but they've been rare enough for me that its still well worth it.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:33 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Wearing any constant bound effect item always crash my game when I wear it the first two times. after that it's save to use it.

so save first before wearing it.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote