Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm trying to get to Ascension peak via the Rapax portal. However when it's loading, it dumps me back to the desktop everytime. I tried going back to an earlier save and coming at it again (from quite a long way back - the t'rang teleporter) because I thought my save game may have been corrupted or something, but it happened the same again. You might recall I had a problem earlier in the southeast wilderness fighting some savants the game dumping me out when I turned the corner and a savant was there, but I was able to fix that with a reload. This time it seems to happen no matter what. Any suggestions?

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #2
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Did you patch your game? I think I heard about that problem before, and the patch would solve it...

Cheers
Philipp
Old 03-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
Wombstar
Dungeon Master

i can't help... but just wanted to say i've had no problems..

I just been killed by the Dark savant lol... ouch.
i think i'm gonna try to join him next try...
Wombstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:26 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yes, I do have the patch. This is so frustrating! I've had no time to play lately and I'm so close to the end; I really want to finish with this group because they worked out so much better than my last game. Rrr!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The only reasons for the game to crash when going to the peak are either (a) the game isn't patched or (b) isn't patched correctly.

If you're using the original "Ascension Peak only" patch, it must be put into a subdirectory called "patches" in your main Wiz directory.

If you're using a later patch, someone else will have to help you, because I've only used the AP patch myself.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:18 AM   #6
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I use Patch 001b, and to install it i download it zipped and unzip it into the W8 directory, and it makes its own Patch folder and everything. If you didn't get asked whether to replace files when you applied your patch, it didn't take.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:53 AM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hmm. Well I followed the instructions on the official site for downloading the patch, and it has its own folder and all. Is the Ascension Peak patch the one on the official site? I guess I could try downloading it again?
Old 03-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, my patch didn't do anything automatic, but then that's on the reinstall of the game where I had just kept the patch itself. I don't recall now what happened way back when I first downloaded the patch.

Far as I know, the patch on the official site is the most recent one, not the "AP only" release. Some time ago, I posted a link to where you could get the "AP only" patch; if you search the board that message ought to come up. However, if you have a later patch, you'd probably have to remove the game, reinstall it, and use just "AP only".

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote