Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

American Inventor, anyone?

Anyone watch this? I taped about half of it, and just watched it tonight.

Overall, I'm not impressed. They seem to be trying to do "American Idol with inventors" just too much... and the judges tend to be full of horse hockey. Saw a kid with a doggie A/C unit, and my first thought was that I've seen that in a catalog on an airplane... I think it already exists. Yet they're telling him to go with it... even though they turned him down.

Too many of these people need to spend some time learning about sales. A "no" is almost never a personal rejection... it's a rejection of the business proposal at hand. These people are taking it far too personally... and the judges are taking them in the same direction.

Don't know if I'll watch another one, but several of the ideas they turned down sounded sensible to me...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Haven't seen it yet. What good ideas did they have?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
Marathon
Elminster

Saw part of it - mostly I remember the lady with the "behavior oriented" dvd set that had the slightly retarded son. It seemed like a marketable idea to me, so I was surprised she didn't get out of the first round. But...not enough time or interest to really consider watching the show on any regular basis. My wife loves AI, so I get enough of that type of show in my house.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I saw some 10-15 ideas. The ones that I remember...

</font>
  • DVD program to teach kids right from wrong (is that the one you're talking about, Marathon?)</font>
  • Sheet attachment that puts pockets on the side of your bed</font>
  • solar-powered cooler/stereo/electrical outlet combination (only thing that passed)</font>
  • Doggie air conditioner (to hang inside your car window)</font>
  • child temper tantrum tubes (let them get mad in a safe environment)</font>
  • Tree branch trimmer</font>
  • Butt-wiping lotion (to make cleaning... cleaner)</font>
I liked the cooler, butt wiper, sheet attachments, DVD set, and tantrum tubes. The butt wiper was turned down for being too gross, the sheet attachment because they exist, and the tantrum tubes because the judges thought they "locked kids up".

It was ridiculous... IMHO, of course
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
Marathon
Elminster

Yup - the DVD set is the one I was talking about. My wife told me about the tantrum tubes. I got a pretty good laugh out of that.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote