Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 06:18 PM   #91
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
I have cousins in Montreal...
And my wife has cousins in Michagin. Could it be...?
Old 12-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #92
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... one of my cousins in Montreal has a husband named Jon.... or perhaps John. You don't sing and play acoustic guitar, do you?

And Wyv, while we're not landlocked, that doesn't mean we know sushi! As a confirmed midwestern boy (where a cow's place is on the table), all that fishy stuff is usually beyond me. So I'm pickier than most when it comes to sushi, although I've had it twice in the past year (once in San Jose, and once in St. Petersburg, FL). Both times it was excellent. I can't remember the last time I had sushi in Michigan... perhaps it's better than I fear
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:18 PM   #93
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Really it all comes down to the chef making the sushi! A good sushi chef is not going to compromise on the ingredients and with sushi, you really can't! lol!!

I like the Tuna, Shrimp, California Rolls and Dragon Rolls sushis that's available down at Kroger - she has some others she makes too but I haven't tried them yet.

And a round of drinks for everyone!!
The board has been very active lately and we've had the pleasure of some new posters adding a lot to the board - they're a welcome addition so cause to celebrate!

I'll even let Red celebrate too!
Old 12-03-2004, 08:07 PM   #94
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Hmmm... one of my cousins in Montreal has a husband named Jon.... or perhaps John. You don't sing and play acoustic guitar, do you?
I do. Badly, but I do. This is starting to get too weird! But I just asked Diane (my wife) if any of her Michigan family is the same age as me (which I believe you are, 38?), and she said no. Her cousins are at least in their 40's and their kids are in their 20's. So, unless we have some more non-identifying characteristics to trade, our secret identities are safe for now! (unless we visit each other's websites, hmmmmm...)

Now back to our regular topic already in progress:

While in Vancouver, I had the most awesome maki roll I've ever tasted. The chef called it the Crunchy-Munchy Roll. It was a shrimp tempura roll, but instead of nori paper on the outside, it was wrapped in a barber-shop-pole-pattern of smoked eel and avocado. Much too yummy for words. Head banging good! I actually stooped and pounded my head on the bar, it was that good!

I think we may have to exit the Boogre Bar and start a new thread called the Sushi Bar, so as not to alienate or annoy the rest of the clientele.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:46 PM   #95
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Whew! I was starting to get nervous, because I can't remember if the Jo(h)n I'm thinking of is married to my cousin Katherine or Anne-Caroline. I think it's Katherine...

Hmmm... a sushi bar... good idea, but the rest of my family won't accompany me. They haven't had the chance to try it... yet...

When I was at the sushi place in Florida, I went in as an admitted novice, got suggestions from everyone else, and had a crunch roll (that I remember) and something else (that I don't). Man, was lunch good (and filling!). Glad it was on the company's dime...

Okay, Torin can set up a sushi shop in the corner. Just make sure there's good ventilation for the "kitchen" area, and none of that freezing-for-twelve-hours stuff. We only want the finest in here...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:39 PM   #96
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

WOOH! i found out how to make a quote! kklolthnkz, you can stop applauding now. it took me forever to find that stupid little button though... WOOH!
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:26 PM   #97
jsalsb
Elminster

kklolthnkz?? Keep kool laughing out loud that he now knows zero???????
Old 12-05-2004, 07:56 PM   #98
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

no, its kk as in ok ok, lol as in lol, and thnkz is a short version of thanks, when i say that its not realy serious, its just to mock people who say it seriously
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:47 PM   #99
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford:
WOOH! i found out how to make a quote! kklolthnkz, you can stop applauding now. it took me forever to find that stupid little button though... WOOH!
Congrats, Rusty! It's a useful tool and especially useful when there have been several replies between the one to which you wish to respond and your post.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:11 PM   #100
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
When I was at the sushi place in Florida, I went in as an admitted novice, got suggestions from everyone else
That's definitely the way to do it. Realize that you're an idiot, and adapt!

Go into a bar, and ask the barkeep to give you his favorite drink. Find the crazy back-corner ethnic restaurant and have the waitress bring you her favorite dish.

There's no better way to find the good stuff than asking those who know ...
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote