Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 07:44 PM   #1
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

OK, I was 12 or 13 when I got BGII and, not yet being old enough to respect my own property, I severly scratched my copy of the game. Now, the scratches are not bad enough to hinder gameplay or installation, but after installing ToB i can no longer run SoA because at the "Insert Disk 2" screen, my comp. won't read the disk properly. I tried to burn a new copy bu it just wont work, I either get a cyclic redundancy error or a I/O device error. My friend had me burn Disc 1 for him and it worked but I cannot burn CD 2.
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
DragonSlayer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #2
TyranyuZ

And what exactly do you expect as feedback from us?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

sorry about that,

I was wondering if you could enlighten me as to how to burn it
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
DragonSlayer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Syphon some petrol from your dads car.

Tip a little onto the CD.

Light with a match and quickly retire before the flames burn you.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:12 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Call up the company and have the disc replaced. You will need to pay a fee of course.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:32 AM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonSlayer25:
sorry about that,

I was wondering if you could enlighten me as to how to burn it
I recently had the exact same problem. My SoA CD2 became completely buggered and I got the "cyclic redundancy" error also. Based on what I learned from other members, once that happens, the CD is simply beyond repair. I didn't call the company, as Dundee suggested because - quite frankly - I didn't think about doing that.

Instead, I just went on ebay and found an auction for the complete set of BGII CD's (along with original map and manual) for $10.54 plus shipping. So I hope that I will soon have a brand new set of CD's and will finally be able to do a Full Install rather than a Recommended Install. Then I won't have to worry about swapping ToB CD for SoA CD2.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:39 AM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Call up the company and have the disc replaced. You will need to pay a fee of course.
Do you have a number for them, Dundee? Or can you tell us where to find one?

Even though I won another copy of BGII on eBay, I think I'll call the company and have them replace the defective CD2 from current set. Then I'll have TWO working copies of BGII. [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2004, 07:28 AM   #8
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I have had a similar problem.
I hate these CDs.
*proceeds to take Dace's advice and burns CD*

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 07:37 AM   #9
TyranyuZ

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
Syphon some petrol from your dads car.

Tip a little onto the CD.

Light with a match and quickly retire before the flames burn you.
''Good One''
Old 06-19-2004, 12:51 AM   #10
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

i had this problem with CD2 as well, i managed to copy the CD as an ISO to the hard drive and then burn the CD again. It took the drive like a half an hour to read the one spot that was scratched but it eventually did manage to get the data.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote