Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 01:49 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
So I saved the world. It was quite a big job and I acquitted myself handily. But no one says thanks or even seems to realise? I thought that any old temple guy would be sufficient to get my congratulations, but no, so I thought, okay, maybe I have to go to Saryoni. No. Vivec? No. I am annoyed!
Old 01-26-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

(1) After saving the world, you should be recognized as Nerevarine. You should have only one greetings formula: "E-e-excuse me, you are Nerevarine..." If you don't see this greeting formula then something is wrong.
(2) But the greeting formula is all what should happen. No new dialog topics (except "Nerevarine"), no thanksgivings, no congratulations, nothing.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ya. It's a bit rude. Join a new faction and then see how much respect they give you. All that cross-country running and they still expect you to do menial stuff. It's just plain offensive.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I hear you on this one, definitely.

My Dunmer Assassin was equally frustrated by the lack of recognition for her achievements and was particularly insulted by the patronising stoicism from the ever pompous Vivec. So in a frenzied loathesome act of cathartic viciousness, she spat derisively upon the Tribunal and annhilated Vivec in a murderous rampage, continuing on to cleanse the entire city of Ordinator hypocrisy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ahh, the doomed emptiness of it all!
I felt much better as a result, despite the pointlessness of it. Seeking further glory in Tribunal/Bloodmoon is another outlet, as is a humble hero's retirement in a remote backwater village somewhere.

[ 01-26-2006, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Pat yourself on the back and get on with your
life, a Heros life is just that. No Thanks, no
Parades, no Fan Fare, no nothing. Just another
Day in the life of the Nerevarine! Kill that rat,
Free that slave, clean out the Dungeons, and
collect every piece of gold and every weapon
on the face of the world. Fill you house with
it and wait for Oblivion to come out in 60 days!

Or you can build a mod and put 50 people in it.
Then write a script so when ever you come near
one of them they fall on their knees and prase
you 'till your Armor rusts.
[img]graemlins/knightsmile.gif[/img]

[ 01-26-2006, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 01-27-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

60 days? Ohhh.... the countdown begins!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Saryoni: Have you done the pilgrimage of the four corners yet?

Me: Um, no, Tholer, I've been a tad busy SAVING THE WORLD like you asked after you so graciously stopped persecuting me!! Slack I know, have you got a fetch-and-carry assignment I could do for atonement? Preferably one that involves a lot of walking and inconvenient locations.

Vivec did suggest that there are lots of blighted creatures for me to kill now that the blight storms are over (oh, except those ones that still occur, I guess) - oh yes, Vivec! Let me kill some more cliff racers!

I do like the way you can continue questing after you've finished the main quest though. It's a bit more realistic than most games where you get to a point where you're like "so, um, are there any more quests we can do? Any treasure to find? Anything at all??" "Looks like we're all out." "Damn. I guess we could go save the world then." I always feel like there should be a tad more urgency instead of sucking the world dry of irrelevant sidequests before finally getting around to finishing off the baddie who has helpfully postponed his plans for world domination until you're ready to arrive
Old 01-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Very true. I had spent over a few years game time before I even did my quest for the blades...
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:54 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Saryoni: Have you done the pilgrimage of the four corners yet?

Me: Um, no, Tholer, I've been a tad busy SAVING THE WORLD like you asked after you so graciously stopped persecuting me!! Slack I know, have you got a fetch-and-carry assignment I could do for atonement? Preferably one that involves a lot of walking and inconvenient locations.

Vivec did suggest that there are lots of blighted creatures for me to kill now that the blight storms are over (oh, except those ones that still occur, I guess) - oh yes, Vivec! Let me kill some more cliff racers!

I do like the way you can continue questing after you've finished the main quest though. It's a bit more realistic than most games where you get to a point where you're like "so, um, are there any more quests we can do? Any treasure to find? Anything at all??" "Looks like we're all out." "Damn. I guess we could go save the world then." I always feel like there should be a tad more urgency instead of sucking the world dry of irrelevant sidequests before finally getting around to finishing off the baddie who has helpfully postponed his plans for world domination until you're ready to arrive
You could always try this... http://qarl.rpgmods.com/description.html
Old 01-28-2006, 03:42 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I've gained the highest rank of the Imperial Legion and the low rank legionaire still tell me to move along.

Me : I am your officer! How dare you tell me to move along!!

Low Rank Legionaire : It's not my fault sir! The game developers didn't add in other type of conversation. Now move along!
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote