Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I started playing Final Fantasy VII for the very first time! In fact, the first Final Fantasy that I've ever tried, so far. The graphics took some time to get used to, but the game is really cool so far. I just saw the famous Sephiroth-burning-village video - nice!

My question is that will the party members that you choose affect the game or the romances in any way? For example, if I'd take Aeris out of my party, would it affect the romance?

Thanks!

[ 08-22-2004, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: uss ]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

If you're talking about the BG2 "Remove the NPC from the party and kill the romance" idea, no, there is nothing like that in ff7.

But if you remove a character from your party you won't see his banters...
Old 08-22-2004, 01:46 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yup, the banters are the ones you will miss. Actually, there are some combos in the parties that are real nice... let's say if you put Barret and Tifa + Cloud then you would have some nice banters, but nothing big. Aeris along with Tifa will create some controversy Although the dialogues are nice and witty at times, nothing as drastic as the ones in BG2.

For myself though removing Aeris is a no-no. LOL
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 03:08 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Oh, ok then. For now, I'll just stick to Aeris and Tifa then.

Damn, because of the lack of a spoiler tag, I already know what happens in the end.. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] Or at least, I know what happens to a certain character. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] Seeing Cait Sith's prediction, which proved that that's going to happen made me sad. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

By the way, does anybody know when Advent Children's coming out? I saw the preview trailer and it looks very promising!

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2004, 04:11 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:

Damn, because of the lack of a spoiler tag, I already know what happens in the end.. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] Or at least, I know what happens to a certain character. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] Seeing Cait Sith's prediction, which proved that that's going to happen made me sad. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

By the way, does anybody know when Advent Children's coming out? I saw the preview trailer and it looks very promising!

Thanks!
Aeris and Tifa has always been my favorite team.

It suck that you got spoiled, but I'm surprised you didn't know already, it's about as common knowledge as the relationship between Darth Vader and a certain someone. (You can't say I'm not prudent with spoilers... [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 08-22-2004, 04:26 AM   #6
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:

Thanks!
Aeris and Tifa has always been my favorite team.

It suck that you got spoiled, but I'm surprised you didn't know already, it's about as common knowledge as the relationship between Darth Vader and a certain someone. (You can't say I'm not prudent with spoilers... [img]smile.gif[/img] )
[/QUOTE]Yeah, actually, I did think that would happen, but I didn't really want to hear it out loud. I just hate being spoiled. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Like Luvian I am surprised too [img]smile.gif[/img] Who spoiled you then? Cait? Hahaha

I wish things were different... till now hahaha
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:34 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

IIRC before FF7 was released there was already news about what's going to happen.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 02:04 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
IIRC before FF7 was released there was already news about what's going to happen.
I got it when it first came out, so of course I was totally surprised when it happened. That pissed me off so much.

My cd is scratched and the game freeze just at that scene, right when the materia is falling. That's a strange coincidence.

[ 08-23-2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 08-23-2004, 06:01 PM   #10
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
It's a sign from God, Luvian!! He is telling you to go to the scene, and find the lost Holy Materia, so that you may allow the Gates of Hell to be sealed!!
Ok, I dunno, I'm just a little weird atm. [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote