Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #11
Link
Jack Burton

If we're gonna show off about soccer, then I've even got a better story than you do, Xen. Imagine a hockey field (artificial grass) and two little goals (approx. 50 centimeters high, and 60 centimeters wide. A field of 12 meters by 8 meters, and 2 vs 2 players. Every time the ball goes between your legs, you are out and it's 1 vs 2. Imagine me meeting a guy I've never seen before, and playing together on that pitch is just magic.
We did every cool technical move together, and most of the time it worked. Then we ended up against the two best players who were there, and he got the ball kicked through his legs, so he was out. As I was in possession, suffice to say, I immediately responded by making a diversion and kicking the ball between one of the opponents legs. So it was 1 vs 1 now.
I gained possession, and tried to outrun him, but to no avail. I was now with my back to the goal in the left most corner of the field. A no-win situation, I admit it.
-------goal------
| xy
|
|
|
|
-------goal------

In the drawing x is me and y is my opponent. What I did was make a Zidane kinda move (difficult to explain, but you use your body to shield an opponent from the ball; put your right foot on the ball, then turn counter clockwise draggin the ball with you, then you put your left foot on the ball, rotating further and taking the ball with you again). So I did that, to no obvious effect, but he followed me, and immediately after the move, I used my heel to kick the ball between his legs in the goal. It was my moment of glory of that day.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:57 PM   #12
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For me, it's stress relief. I can take the frustrations of my day out on bad guys rather than on my family/friends. It can also be the comraderie (?) of hanging out with friends and having your mental limits tested.

my two cents...

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 12-03-2003, 08:42 PM   #13
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

For me it's all about the challenge and sense of accomplishment once the challenge has been met and overcome. For the most part these games allow me to slap down my opponents in a most violent fashion. Which,if I was to try to do in the real world, I most definately would be locked away. Not that I have'nt thought about it once or twice......
Old 12-03-2003, 08:47 PM   #14
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Gaming is fun because of the DRUGS. [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

Actually, it's the potato chips served at a PNP session that does it.

Erm... on a serious note, what didn't you get about "No Way Out?"

And, as for U107, no need for confusion. It clearly and obviously SUCKED.
Well, to answer your question Timber, I was confused about how Kevin Costner still gets acting jobs.
And for U107, I was confused why they put prices on critically acclaimed crap.

To put confusion a better way, I was as confused as a 6 year old watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:45 PM   #15
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
If we're gonna show off about soccer, then I've even got a better story than you do, Xen. Imagine a hockey field (artificial grass) and two little goals (approx. 50 centimeters high, and 60 centimeters wide. A field of 12 meters by 8 meters, and 2 vs 2 players. Every time the ball goes between your legs, you are out and it's 1 vs 2. Imagine me meeting a guy I've never seen before, and playing together on that pitch is just magic.
We did every cool technical move together, and most of the time it worked. Then we ended up against the two best players who were there, and he got the ball kicked through his legs, so he was out. As I was in possession, suffice to say, I immediately responded by making a diversion and kicking the ball between one of the opponents legs. So it was 1 vs 1 now.
I gained possession, and tried to outrun him, but to no avail. I was now with my back to the goal in the left most corner of the field. A no-win situation, I admit it.
-------goal------
| xy
|
|
|
|
-------goal------

In the drawing x is me and y is my opponent. What I did was make a Zidane kinda move (difficult to explain, but you use your body to shield an opponent from the ball; put your right foot on the ball, then turn counter clockwise draggin the ball with you, then you put your left foot on the ball, rotating further and taking the ball with you again). So I did that, to no obvious effect, but he followed me, and immediately after the move, I used my heel to kick the ball between his legs in the goal. It was my moment of glory of that day.
Cool! Oh and I know the Zidane move. It is a classic! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2003, 06:35 PM   #16
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
It is the ability to escape from the mundane, and to live in another person's shoes for a little while....
Well not mundane unless your job is a Necromancer etc... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Exactly. Gaming, at least for me, alows me to become someone else, to just let imagination have a fun time...in other words to PLAY. We are all still children.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:21 PM   #17
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

TL, a PnP session for me involved subs or pizza with plenty of vodka and rum. Mmmmmm, Captain Morgan and Absolut!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Gaming is fun because it allows me to be something I can never become in real life. wanna save the world? go play some rpgs. wanna become the top scorer of a football club? go play a championship manager or FIFA games. Wanna be a hot casa blanca surrounded with hot teenage girls? go play hen... * cough * games.