Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 03:42 PM   #31
MagiK

I have not seen much in the way of replies from Ryndel...are you still out there dude? Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Ive read some interesting posts in this thread. Your original post sort of sounded like you were looking for some where to put the blame for your poor grade. While I do not attend grade school or highschool, I do spend a lot of time in college these days. What I have found is that all you have to do is NOT say anything about religion (for or against) and the subject usually gets dropped.

Try being proactive and maybe change the way you present your "devoutly athiest" philosophy...maybe keep it as our own private philosophy and ignore the people who are having religious discussions. I mean, how do all these people even know you are an athiest?

As for your parents, well not much you can do there, untill you reach the age of Majority what they say goes, so if they say go to church with them, there is not a whole lot you can do but be respectful, go with them and think your own thoughts while the preacher is proselatizing. Try not to disrespect their religious beliefs and show by example how a good atheist behaves. When you are on your own you will be free to say and think what you will.

Some times the best way to get along is not to make a fuss, and it won't kill you to go to church when your parents tell you to and try to get your grades up, a C- is not hard to improve on.

Just another POV here. Take it easy dude.

Old 07-01-2002, 03:48 PM   #32
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
[QB][/QB]
Great posts all Cerek [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2002, 03:49 PM   #33
MagiK

While Im making waves here...could it not be said that the Athiests are also showing bigotry towards christians by branding them ALL bigots?

Old 07-01-2002, 03:55 PM   #34
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Wynne:
My experience with Christians hasn't been that good.

Unfortunately, I find that most atheists and agnostics are about as bad... they hold themselves as superiors who know everything--just like Christians. How ironic.

I judge people on a person-by-person basis, not on beliefs. It would be foolish to do otherwise.
One of the most insiteful things I have heard in a long time. Thank you very much!

Old 07-01-2002, 04:08 PM   #35
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

I used to enjoy arguing with the religious fanatics that came knocking on the door at 5am waking me up. But the same tired arguments get boring. So now I just scream as loud as I can in their face...or a loooong stream of obcenities works...these also work for telemarketers...

The men who accost me on the bus with that crap get my "If I give you a B*** J** will you shut up??????" Surprisingly they shut up....
Old 07-01-2002, 04:28 PM   #36
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoch Thas'ala:
[QB
The men who accost me on the bus with that crap get my "If I give you a B*** J** will you shut up??????" Surprisingly they shut up....[/QB]
Ummm, which bus is it that you ride? 'Cuz I'm feeling the need to spread the word...

Old 07-01-2002, 05:21 PM   #37
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
quote:
[QB
The men who accost me on the bus with that crap get my "If I give you a B*** J** will you shut up??????" Surprisingly they shut up....
Ummm, which bus is it that you ride? 'Cuz I'm feeling the need to spread the word...[/QB][/QUOTE]Ab, you just get naughtier and naughtier... [img]smile.gif[/img]

In the UK, it's not allowed to give blow jobs on buses. America seems a remarkably liberal culture on the evidence presented here.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 05:47 PM   #38
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

In the UK, it's not allowed to give blow jobs on buses. America seems a remarkably liberal culture on the evidence presented here.... [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
Things are improving, somewhat... I'll save you a seat.

Old 07-02-2002, 09:43 AM   #39
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just a BUMP to keep this thread on the first page.

I, too, look forward to hearing from Ryndell when he returns.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:10 AM   #40
MagiK

Quote:
I used to enjoy arguing with the religious fanatics that came knocking on the door at 5am waking me up. But the same tired arguments get boring. So now I just scream as loud as I can in their face...or a loooong stream of obcenities works...these also work for telemarketers...

5am? Im pretty sure that is illegal here in the states. I believe they have to wait till after 8am. Someone knocks on my door at 5am they will be really sorry.