Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 01:48 AM   #161
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

LOL -- John D., thank you very much for that brilliant bit of baseball analogy humour. Seriously. I especially loved the part about the conserv team coming off the bench in response to the Limbaugh ball ROTFLMAO.

Just had to post this quick response right now. It is late and I will have to think about the meat of your post, as well as check out those links, later. I will let you know if you really hit a home run -- or if it turned out to be a foul ball

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 02:02 AM   #162
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
LOL -- John D., thank you very much for that brilliant bit of baseball analogy humour. Seriously. I especially loved the part about the conserv team coming off the bench in response to the Limbaugh ball ROTFLMAO.

Just had to post this quick response right now. It is late and I will have to think about the meat of your post, as well as check out those links, later. I will let you know if you really hit a home run -- or if it turned out to be a foul ball

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-08-2001).]
Don't waste your time with the 2nd link it brings up a page error, and the first link is obviously one-sided....John D. weren't you one of those that wanted numbers from both sides but then proceed to give us numbers from one side...shame, shame...and did you read any of my posts on why the economy sucked under Reagan?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-08-2001, 02:33 AM   #163
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Gosh, 250! I didn't know you were a world leader, lol!

ohhh, I thought it was an open knowledge, my bad
Old 09-08-2001, 04:05 AM   #164
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
when America innovated FREE SPEECH.
Eh?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-08-2001, 04:15 AM   #165
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
when America innovated FREE SPEECH.
Eh?

Yorick, bro, long time no see.
I have stired quite a mess... heh, so how are you?

Old 09-08-2001, 04:30 AM   #166
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

Yes so I saw. Someday we'll have to discuss the concept of 'tact' when exploring an idea

I'm not to bad. Good news bad news, highs and lows. Life is certainly not boring, and definitely a ride I'm enjoying.

How's your femme?

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 04:34 AM   #167
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Quote:

Yes so I saw. Someday we'll have to discuss the concept of 'tact' when exploring an idea

I'm not to bad. Good news bad news, highs and lows. Life is certainly not boring, and definitely a ride I'm enjoying.

How's your femme?

so tell me about the good news, Yorick! you cannot be serious that anything bad would come to you!

Gina is doing fine, thank you. ohhh my, in love is the happiest thing!
Old 09-08-2001, 04:43 AM   #168
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
so tell me about the good news, Yorick! you cannot be serious that anything bad would come to you!

Gina is doing fine, thank you. ohhh my, in love is the happiest thing!
LOL! Mate we all struggle in some area or another, it's choosing perspective, and how we deal with it that's important.

I'm just making some headway here. Seen lots of good music, made a heap of contacts, got some music offers. If I can get past some rather annoying major hurdles that foreigners have to jump through here, I'll be laughing.

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 05:00 AM   #169
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
LOL! Mate we all struggle in some area or another, it's choosing perspective, and how we deal with it that's important.

I'm just making some headway here. Seen lots of good music, made a heap of contacts, got some music offers. If I can get past some rather annoying major hurdles that foreigners have to jump through here, I'll be laughing.

taking offers? you know, someday, you will have to operate those music thing yourself.
listen to good music is always a bonus. (I like rave, too bad, I seem to be the only one here)

so what you doing now? just plan to stay in the stats till christmas?

Old 09-08-2001, 07:17 AM   #170
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Certainly here in the UK, there is a lot of ill feeling towards Bush. (Not to mention those radical right wingers who do the thinking/governing for him...) It is puzzling how a leader who doesn’t even have the people’s vote, strictly speaking, can feel himself so confident in breaking with the rest of the world when it comes to global agreements designed to protect and safeguard us.

On the other hand, Dubya’s presence in the White House does have its up side. He’s done more to bring people together in support of environmental and social issues than anyone else I can think of – not to mention nations!

I think we’re all dead pleased that he’s taken so much holiday since he was elected (I use that word in the loosest possible sense.....) ....

If he was one of these 20 hour a day, 7 days a week workaholic wizz kids that you seem to breed so many of in the US, what price mother Earth and all who sail in her? Oops.......

On the environment front, there’s lots to say, of course......... Kind of inflamatory, maybe I’ll stick to criticising Bush..... At least for the time being

I feel obliged to comment on that-there has been a lot of criticism of Bush from environmentalist groups who are unhapy with his Kyoto summit stance. There has not been lots of criticism of him from the government.

I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards him and neither does anyone I know, our government supports his son of star wars plan and to the best of my knowledge ost other organisations don't have a proiblem with him. It is just organisations with their own agenda that clashes with Mr Bush's that don't like hi.

But to say there is a lot of ill feeling is grossly inaccurate.