Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 02:44 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Please see the humor in this...

[img]http://communities.msn.co.uk/_Secure/0NgAAADUTuQM!tI6SiNr3rAThDcexQVciUfYeokPXpOmPhevGj E3H4YHhVewfRFvTWsw*bs7wRkqDOM30V8Z9Xw/UN_USA_today.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2001, 03:16 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

LOL LOL LOL, ROFLMAO!!! where you found this???
Old 12-04-2001, 04:35 AM   #3
norompanlasolas

LOL!!!

The sad thing is that is true, too... at least for their goverment. I saw one similar that said "places we have bombed" and "places we would like to bomb".
Old 12-04-2001, 05:47 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

LOL... it figures jk!!!
Old 12-04-2001, 06:12 AM   #5
Istaron
Banned User

I can't see the fun with this since it is no joke. It is all to correct to be funny
Old 12-04-2001, 09:10 AM   #6
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
LOL!!!

The sad thing is that is true, too... at least for their goverment. I saw one similar that said "places we have bombed" and "places we would like to bomb".

Dude you don't have a clue what the US government really thinks or does. The Cartoon is way funny, but I take it personally when you say crap like that. This supposed evil government that only sees the world as places that it can get things from or rip off is bullshit. Not only does the US government GIVE more money, food and medicine away than the whole rest of the world combined, it's citizens contribute countless hundreds of millions in private and religious donations. Yes there are greedy corporate slime in all countries but the US is no worse than most, ohh and by the way, Most of the "Diamond" owners and controllers are based in Europe and Russia so you can edit that part. US diamond merchants have to go to Europe and kiss a fair amount of butt to get their allotment of gems. You too Istaron!

Old 12-04-2001, 09:18 AM   #7
MagiK

I think the cartoon is funny, yes, actually I've seen various incarnations of it and laughed at them all. But it is not a license for brain dead idiocy either. Im sick of buttheads in countries that never bothered to pay their debts owed to the US to sit there and whine about how greedy the US is. Last I heard Spain isn't a leading champion for human rights or for justice in the world. As a matter of fact...can't remember when the last time spain contributed to anything other than the mass extinction of the Inca's and other various natives in the carribean...

Err not that the Inca's were in the carribean...just a couple of the notable things that came to mind at the same time...

Old 12-04-2001, 09:32 AM   #8
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

The cartoon is funny!
But still, people shouldn't talk about things they don't know squat about
Nothing personal, just people in public!
Old 12-04-2001, 11:00 AM   #9
norompanlasolas

Well, I dont intend to make this a political argument, but since I was addressed personally, I will respond.

First of all, you dont know what I do and what I dont know. I happen to have a degree in history and quite an extensive knowledge on the actions of the "benevolent american goverment".

Your goverment (whether you like it or not) has sponsored all the rightwing goverments in SouthAmerica that slaughtered thousands of people in your so called fight against the "evil empire" of communism.

I am Argentinian (although living in Madrid) and in my country my mother and father were incarcereted simply because of their political beliefs and had to flee the country when released or they would have gotten killed. The US played a BIG PART in the support and constitution of the Dictatorship in Argentina. In Chile, more of the same. They overthrew Allende (rightfully elected president) and Pinochet, one of the greatest genocides in history, took power, supported by Mr. Henry Kissinger and the US goverment. Or Nicaragua, where you trained the Contras against the Sandinists and more than 200,000 were viciously murdered.

HECK! You trained them in the School of the Americas, a place were all the Southern Hemisphere Military went through before starting killing their own people.

I dont even want to get in the subject of Afganistan. You trained them, you bought them the weapons, and now you are killing them. The same happened in Irak (you trained them, you bought them the weapons, and then you killed them when Iran was the "evil empire").

I could post a hundred thousand examples of the "kindness" of the US goverment, but I lack the time and space. Yes, there are people there that is good people, like in all places, but in all truth the actions of your goverment have been of opression and murder to most of the nations in the world.
Old 12-04-2001, 11:07 AM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
Well, I dont intend to make this a political argument, but since I was addressed personally, I will respond.

First of all, you dont know what I do and what I dont know. I happen to have a degree in history and quite an extensive knowledge on the actions of the "benevolent american goverment".

Your goverment (whether you like it or not) has sponsored all the rightwing goverments in SouthAmerica that slaughtered thousands of people in your so called fight against the "evil empire" of communism.

I am Argentinian (although living in Madrid) and in my country my mother and father were incarcereted simply because of their political beliefs and had to flee the country when released or they would have gotten killed. The US played a BIG PART in the support and constitution of the Dictatorship in Argentina. In Chile, more of the same. They overthrew Allende (rightfully elected president) and Pinochet, one of the greatest genocides in history, took power, supported by Mr. Henry Kissinger and the US goverment. Or Nicaragua, where you trained the Contras against the Sandinists and more than 200,000 were viciously murdered.

HECK! You trained them in the School of the Americas, a place were all the Southern Hemisphere Military went through before starting killing their own people.

I dont even want to get in the subject of Afganistan. You trained them, you bought them the weapons, and now you are killing them. The same happened in Irak (you trained them, you bought them the weapons, and then you killed them when Iran was the "evil empire").

I could post a hundred thousand examples of the "kindness" of the US goverment, but I lack the time and space. Yes, there are people there that is good people, like in all places, but in all truth the actions of your goverment have been of opression and murder to most of the nations in the world.

Extremely good response.

Please consider posting in the war forum - I for one would love to see you in there!