Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 12:09 PM   #31
Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH
Dungeon Master

Not only do people like that exist they tend to gravitate towards places where the general atmosphere is friendly and tolerant, Bulletin Boards are an ideal place for them to Garner the attntion they crave.

Think about it so many people in one place to get at, and yet once they succeed in getting under your skin, what can you do, other than ban them, very little, all the attention, none of the reprecussions.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:26 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie Forum Tyrant of MH:
Not only do people like that exist they tend to gravitate towards places where the general atmosphere is friendly and tolerant, Bulletin Boards are an ideal place for them to Garner the attntion they crave.

Think about it so many people in one place to get at, and yet once they succeed in getting under your skin, what can you do, other than ban them, very little, all the attention, none of the reprecussions.
Too true, Fonz! And one way they get attention is to post offensive language or content to see what kind of reaction it gets them. We've seen it here a few times and thanks to our webmaster and mods we haven't had to deal with any one troll for too long.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-29-2001, 01:44 PM   #33
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Good spot Larry. I stand behind you and the Mod's on this.

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-29-2001, 02:20 PM   #34
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bokken:
Not that I have anything towards Half-Orc but s/he does tend to get a bit out of place sometimes (to put it nicely).

"She"? You mean this person is possibly a "she"??

That makes it 50 times worse. If a female talks like this about members of her own gender (albeit fictitious ones), what kind of message does that send her male peers? That's a bird that fouls its own nest. Ladies, you shame your own by this behavior!

Something tells me it's a male masquerading as a female, though. I can't bring myself to believe that a female would actually use such demeaning sexual invective against members of her own gender. Maybe I'm too sheltered, though.

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 02:37 PM   #35
Arvon
Unicorn

Hmmm You have a good point. I do post gender jokes, usually about women because I seem to find more of these when I troll the web. But understand I do and will post jokes about men when I find a really good on.

But to degragate women..no I don't think so. There's no reason for that kind of action. Such post should be removed by the mods.

Arvon

------------------
Avast There mates..make yer way here and drop yer anchor. We'll swap some lies and have a Black Jack o' ale.
Old 10-29-2001, 02:38 PM   #36
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
"She"? You mean this person is possibly a "she"??

That makes it 50 times worse. If a female talks like this about members of her own gender (albeit fictitious ones), what kind of message does that send her male peers? That's a bird that fouls its own nest. Ladies, you shame your own by this behavior!

Something tells me it's a male masquerading as a female, though. I can't bring myself to believe that a female would actually use such demeaning sexual invective against members of her own gender. Maybe I'm too sheltered, though.

Saz, if you follow the link, there is a post by Shagrat saying

"13-year old female" with a <----- to her own name....

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 02:43 PM   #37
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Maybe I'm too sheltered, though.
No, you are right. If a woman speaks that way about her own kind...that is practically inviting guys to join in the game.
Well, that is not what we want to happen. Girls need to respect their own kind, and be the beautiful, virtuous ladies that God intended them to be. We men should likewise treat our ladies with gentleness and admiration.
They suffer alot more in this life than we do, naturally. Albeit PMS, pregancy, or Mid-life syndrome...women have it tough enough without us treating them like cattle.

Old 10-29-2001, 02:48 PM   #38
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
Hmmm You have a good point. I do post gender jokes, usually about women because I seem to find more of these when I troll the web. But understand I do and will post jokes about men when I find a really good on.

But to degragate women..no I don't think so. There's no reason for that kind of action. Such post should be removed by the mods.

Arvon

There are a lot of light-hearted jokes about men and women that are prety funny. Did you read the one about how a woman showers compared to a man? Hilarious! Both genders were put down, though I laughed at each one...my wife did too. Those jokes are not heavy on the poor taste. I would say that they are ok.
It is only the evil intended, dark-minded folks that I am taking a stand against. The jokes you are reffering to are not dark and obscene...does that explain the difference???

Old 10-29-2001, 02:49 PM   #39
Legolas the Elven Archer

Larry, you are absolutely right. Respect is the single most important thing that keeps this site changing into a collection of curses, flamings and, mostly, bannings.
Making fun of the female/male gender should only go to a certain extent, one where (almost) everyone agrees it is purely entertaining and only mock-serious.

The posts described are indeed way past that line, and once I get my Rangers together, we'll try and put a stop to that

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Legolas:
Supreme Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Only Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks
Maintainer of the as of yet unopened Ranger-Protector of the Ironworks Clan Website
Feeling lonely but waiting until tomorrow...

Old 10-29-2001, 02:56 PM   #40
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Saz, if you follow the link, there is a post by Shagrat saying

"13-year old female" with a <----- to her own name....

Melusine, I saw that after I posted and went and looked again. I can only hope that it was a lie. Terrible if it isn't!

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!