Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 01:21 AM   #11
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Ziroc, there's more than one poster involved in this. Whoever the "half-orc" person is said some pretty awful things as well.

Not that I have anything towards Half-Orc but s/he does tend to get a bit out of place sometimes (to put it nicely).

------------------

Open hells depths........come forth my servants!

[This message has been edited by Bokken (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 05:08 AM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thanks for posting this, Larry - was it the same person we both replied to yesterday to ask him to stop using those words?
I can't believe what they think they can possibly gain by saying such things...
Thanks Ziroc for being so alert and strict when it comes to these sad people...

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 05:29 AM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Wow Larry - excellent post. I didn't see the posts in question, for which I am glad!

I know that it has become fashionable to decry 'political correctness' - but it doesn't hurt to remember that there is nothing wrong with good old-fashioned respect and good manners. If you wouldn't say it to your mum, don't say it to anyone else.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-29-2001, 05:30 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Wow Larry - excellent post. I didn't see the posts in question, for which I am glad!

I know that it has become fashionable to decry 'political correctness' - but it doesn't hurt to remember that there is nothing wrong with good old-fashioned respect and good manners. If you wouldn't say it to your mum, don't say it to anyone else.

Epona - I fully agree...
If you want to see a little example, there still is a thread by Shagrat The Half-Orc on the BG2 forum, page one, called "To all Aerie-lovers" - that one's relatively mild compared to what I've seen posted there...

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 05:39 AM   #15
Sorcerer Alex

You're very right on this, Larry, and thank you for posting it. I have to say that it is mainly new people who do things like this, they probably don't realise that we should be subtle about this kind of thing. There are about a hundred variations of the 'f' word, and it's so annoying to see people use it repeatedly and shamelessly. But anyway, you have a good point here Larry, this is an excellent post

------------------
Ciao!

Old 10-29-2001, 05:40 AM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Oh man... I haven't seen that yet... well, that is just plain sad. I agree with you Larry... this must stop, and it will.

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:36 AM   #17
Jorath Calar
Harper

Unfortunatly I know guys like that in real life. They act like their woman or girlfriend is a big burden on their life. I told one of them to shut up, he should respect her and be thankfull someone wants to hang with him, cause he certainly didn't deserve her.

I hope all men will one day see that women are the greatest creatures on this earth and we should use every minute of our lives to appreciate them...

------------------
Old 10-29-2001, 06:42 AM   #18
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Thanks for posting this, Larry - was it the same person we both replied to yesterday to ask him to stop using those words?
I can't believe what they think they can possibly gain by saying such things...
Thanks Ziroc for being so alert and strict when it comes to these sad people...

Yesterday?? So we're not talking about the guy (Kazil was his name I believe) who received a very serious warning from Memnoch about a week ago? Or did that guy come back?

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project
Old 10-29-2001, 06:44 AM   #19
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No clue to which post you refer Larry, but I agree with your respect point!

Respect for all!

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-29-2001, 06:45 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Yesterday?? So we're not talking about the guy (Kazil was his name I believe) who received a very serious warning from Memnoch about a week ago? Or did that guy come back?

Nope, it's a different one this time - the member who'd been accusing Z of hypocrisy before, because he has flipoff smileys on his site and yet prohibits use of the f-word (nonsense of course, I've seen them let it slip on more than one occasion, and thanks to Mouse I even have a copy of the infamous F*** thread, the real issue is HOW you use the word... )

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art