Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 05:11 PM   #1
BladeMaster

Everyone who is thinking of getting a Firewall program or allready has one. Please check with your IP to see if it will affect your conection to the Internet.

I had downloaded Zone Alarm and I use a Cable Modem and it totally screwed up my conection and I had to reformat my HD because of it. So once again please check with your Provider before you install any type of Firewall.

I do not want you to go thru with what happened to me

------------------
Clod ior, angor gwlad
(The fame of the ruler is the anchor of the land.)

Ard-righ Arthur Pendreic
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-23-2001, 05:21 PM   #2
Moni

Thank you for the heads up BladeMaster!

FYI...Hackers can and do get through ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Pro and LockDown firewalls...I have tried them all.

If you want to check out NeoWatch, here is a link for a thirty day trial.
Its partner program HackTrace, even allows you to trace the potential hacker's location and report it to their website.

NeoWatch

According to reviews and word of mouth, Black Ice Defender seems to be the best program on the market for firewall protection. It is available in retail stores everywhere for about 40.00 (in the U.S. at least).

Sorry you had to reformat! I had to twice myself, once when trying to use Norton and once with McAfee firewalls. The retail CD's still sit on a shelf next to me colllecting dust LOL.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-23-2001, 05:42 PM   #3
BladeMaster

I lost about 4.5 Gigs of stuff I downloaded from the Internet. Some of the stuff I can get again the rest I can not get again because I did not rember where I got the stuff from.

------------------
Clod ior, angor gwlad
(The fame of the ruler is the anchor of the land.)

Ard-righ Arthur Pendreic
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-23-2001, 06:32 PM   #4
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

didn't know about that... I always save every image or other stuff on my floppy disks.... and it never affected my connection... I wonder why?
Old 06-23-2001, 09:44 PM   #5
Gaelic
Elminster

I have no way to post the link (I don't know how), but I went to a site from here that showed Zone Alarm was better than BlackIce Defender. It was a story about how GRC.com was attacked by hackers. Whoever put that link here post it!

------------------
Gaelic
Old 06-23-2001, 09:50 PM   #6
Moni

Gaelic,
I just had to reformat my HD this past weekend because of hackers who got through Zone Alarm Pro.

I guess we are not safe anywhere?

Moni

------------------

Old 06-23-2001, 09:52 PM   #7
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Gaelic, when you want to copy a link, right-click on the link and select "Copy Shortcut." Then when you post your response, you can press Ctrl-V to paste the link into your document. Try choosing "quote" on a post that has a link in it, and examine the code that the poster used to create the link. Then you can make your own links.

(URL=http://http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/index.shtml)
Place the descriptive text here.(/URL) "change parentheses '()' to brackets '[]'"

"Links 101, sounds like a tutorial class for Microsoft Golf!"

------------------
Old 06-24-2001, 12:39 AM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
I have no way to post the link (I don't know how), but I went to a site from here that showed Zone Alarm was better than BlackIce Defender. It was a story about how GRC.com was attacked by hackers. Whoever put that link here post it!

SHIELDS UP!!!

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!