Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2001, 01:19 PM   #1
Taconius
Welcomed New User

I feel like i should be able to figure out how to beat the chromatic deamon in level 2 of the watchers keep, but the lowest i've been able to get his life was to 'injured' before he got his life back.
Do some of the notes left by Lum the Mad have to do with the weaknesses of the chromatic deamon? should i wait till my characters can take advantage of the exp cap removed, because i think most of them are at or below exp cap? What are his weaknesses? if anyone could help me that would be great./ thanks
Taconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 01:54 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Taconius:
I feel like i should be able to figure out how to beat the chromatic deamon in level 2 of the watchers keep, but the lowest i've been able to get his life was to 'injured' before he got his life back.
Do some of the notes left by Lum the Mad have to do with the weaknesses of the chromatic deamon? should i wait till my characters can take advantage of the exp cap removed, because i think most of them are at or below exp cap? What are his weaknesses? if anyone could help me that would be great./ thanks
Welcome to the board Taconius!

As to your problem...did you collect all 4 "handwritten notes" in the mage labs (one in each lab)? Those notes will tell you how to defeat the demon.

I didn't really follow what the notes said though. Here's how I did it:

My mages and clerics summoned 2 Skeleton Warriors and 1 Ogre Berserker (Monster Summoning III). I then hasted everyone (including the monsters) and had the monsters attack the demon. I then also threw my Inquisitor with Carsomyr and Sarevok with the Silver sword to work on him (although they were only doing 2 points of damage per hit..Yikes!). My spellcasters then hit him with a couple of lower resistance spells and proceeded to pound him with magic missiles/chromatic orbs/Melf's acid arrows/flame arrow/etc. Dead demon.

He does regenerate like a mo-fo though!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 02:42 PM   #3
Taconius
Welcomed New User

thanks for the welcome.
i did get the handwritten notes, but i didnt know that it told how to defeat the deamon, only how to get other rods. it also sounds like im gonna have to play a bit more before facing him. I havent beaten soa with that game yet, so ill probably do that first.
Thanks
Taconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 08:06 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Taconius, welcome to the forum!

I think you can kill the Demon right now - it is not too difficult.
You'll need arrows of fire, acid, ice and bolts of lightning (or Gesen bow).
Then, put Boots of Speed on one of the characters ant let the Demon run after him. Another character will stand aside with bow and shoot appropriate arrows.
As far as I remember fire arrows hurt Demon when he is in Ice condition, Ice - when he is in Fire, acid - when he is in Air and Lightning - when in Slime.
Such a strategy allows even low-leveled characters kill the beast.
I hope this can help.
Good luck!

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 10:29 PM   #5
Nyte's Halo
Welcomed New User

Actually I made it even easier to kill him
******SPOILER*****
I simply led him to the ooze lab and closed the door with hin trapped inside. Once the poison did it's work and he was running in fear I opened the doors to get rid of the gas then rushed him to finish him off. He was so busy running he never fought back. When will these monsters learn how to open doors?
Nyte's Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 12:54 AM   #6
ravensong
Elite Waterdeep Guard

~spoiler~
Actually you can simplify the whole thing by waiting for him to be in Ice form and whacking him with a fire weapon from a good fighter.. With improved haste or
Whirlwind attacks he will drop very quickly. A few flame arrows from your mages
will help with this. Make no mistake, he is vulnerable to SOMETHING in every form, but with BG beiing so flame-heavy spell and Weapon wise, this is by far the easiest way to do it.
ravensong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 07:20 AM   #7
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I was doing well against the demon at first, but then it went back into its original form (not fire/ice/slime/cold) and it was very tough, taking only one or two points of damage per hit. I greater malisoned/emotioned it, and it stood there and took about sixty hits before moving again it seemed. Eventually it fell, of course.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote