Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2002, 06:34 AM   #1
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Due to being very busy, I lately haven't been able to be online as much as I'd want to, hence my being away for a while. But when I again tried to check this forum a week or so ago, I got an error message, you know, that "can't reach server" thingy. Well, OK, that happens from time to time, but when I checked again later I got the same error-page, and the following day again, the day after that, etc. I checked again this morning, same thing. But the strange thing is, whenever I logged on to the forum from school, it was just fine. Right now I'm posting from school, and I had no trouble logging in... It seems that I can access the forum from school, but not from my home, and I have no idea whatsoever about the cause... Any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2002, 06:49 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

BLAME YOUR ISP!!

This sounds very much like a DNS problem... when you go home, try to go to http://24.26.79.61/index.shtml ... if you can see the ironworks forum frontpage; it`s a DNS problem. This means that your ISP have yet to update their servers, and can`t ping some domains.
Also try a ping and tracert of www.ironworksforum.com and 24.26.79.61 in DOS prompt. If you can ping and tracert the IP but not the domain, DNS problem.
If it turns out to be a DNS problem, try to find an alternate DNS setting, from another ISP which is supplied in your country.

Once you have found one, someone here will know better than me how to change your DNS, but I *think* it`s somewhere in control panel.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:03 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Kay, thanks. Will try.