Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 09:20 PM   #41
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

The drug concerned, Slim 10, was imported by a private company. Because it is registered as a "health supplment" in can be sold over the counter, without need for any prescription.
When the hooha broke after the first reported case (the TV actress), the authorities were quick to point out that sampling of the initial imported batch of the product showed that it did not contain any banned substances. It was therefore approved for sale in Singapore.
The drug, apparently made in China, is not sold there. I have also read reports of unscrupulous manufacturers who adulterate their products, somtimes rendering it a health hazard.
I wonder if this is the case here? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2002, 10:03 PM   #42
Moni

That's an interesting question!
I couldn't even begin to help you find an answer though...the only links I can up with in a search for "Slim 10" in a U.S.-based search database lead me to electronics equipment. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2002, 03:30 AM   #43
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Not so Mel. You don't have to be hungry when dieting, you just have to eat the right things (easier said than done).

Perhaps that's what you meant. If you starve yourself to lose weight the body will go into starvation mode and require less food. If you then return to your original diet the body will pile on the pounds. Dieting is easy - I've done it hundreds of times.

When I had a weight problem I lost 147 lbs in 13 months. My weight isn't a problem to me anymore.
Yes, that's what I meant... Most people have no idea how to diet healthily and are just completely focused on "oh now I'm on a diet I can't have this cookie with my tea any more" (which makes them crave it all the more) etc. They usually try to cut down on food way too drastically, and usually don't get enough fibres... then when they relapse, they binge on food, then feel ashamed and guilty and start eating ridiculously small portions or raw vegetables only... you get the jojo-effect...