Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 07:36 PM   #11
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Apart from a brief news report on UK radio that I happened to catch, I know nothing about this. You comments have given me some info though. So no judgement from me. Who can tell what this woman was feeling?
I DO know that my own mother had post-natal depression that lasted for two years after I was born, though it was apparantly barely recognised as 'a condition' at the time. She sat around doing nothing all day, not even washing herself - though she did, apparantly, keep myself and my brother clean and fed.
However, I lived in a 'mental breakdown' condition myself for many years due to my family circumstances, and there were times when I could easily have killed both my husband and my children for the relief of what seemed like intolerable pressure. I just wanted my own padded cell. So I can guess that this woman must have felt even worse than I did. I hope the media don't hound her to death.
As for the couple having a fifth child - well, could be that one or both of them don't believe in birth control, rather than actively desiring more children.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-22-2001).]
Old 06-23-2001, 04:35 AM   #12
Sigmar
Unicorn

Those poor kids, what a way to go.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"
Old 06-23-2001, 09:19 AM   #13
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

The children are in Gods hands now. They will not suffer any longer. The mother and father will be hounded by the press relentlessly for weeks. I have had to deal with the press before. I know some are good hard working journalists. But some are just maggots. They feed off whatever they see and feel will get them recognized. The Father and Mother will have to live with this a long time. It will be terribly hard on both of them. I only hope that the mother can be helped. Gawd how could you live with yourself after treatment, having done something like that to your kids.

------------------

The line between good and evil is a razor sharp thing. Be careful of misteps,
as you may find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 06-23-2001, 04:00 PM   #14
Tiger
Dungeon Master

Location: A mystical castle hidden away in the midst of the jungle
you know whats sad about that also, the father cares but not as much as i thought he would.

------------------
*Almighty Queen Of the Jungle*
Old 06-24-2001, 03:43 PM   #15
Gustave
The Magister

Can you honestly say that about the father? He is probably still trying to figure out if this is real or a bad dream...just my opinion though
Old 06-24-2001, 04:11 PM   #16
Moni

One would think he'd have to be pretty stunned.
Shock could be keeping him from breaking down in this situation.
It's obvious that he cares very much for his wife though.