Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2003, 05:23 AM   #21
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:

Strangely enough, I've always liked the Primera hatchback, and so when I saw it for sale, I simply did the deed (and got a Ł1000 trade in for the Corrado). I have probably gone against all canny car buying advice, because the Primera was sold "as seen", but what the hell
Thats ok they bought the Volks bottom unseen [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

And when you said bottom end gone I thought you ment the crank bearing or similar. You mean to say the actual engine corroded through? not just a seal. Like any woman cars they need some degree of maintenance, When was the last time you did a change and flush of the coolant? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Good luck and safe fun with your new love [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-04-2003, 06:44 AM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

If it's similar to the Primera that my mate had, you've got a snazzy vehicle on your hands, nice one Mousey boy
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-04-2003, 11:41 AM   #23
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Final update, today I've taken my new wheels on a near 300 mile round trip. She feels tight as a gnat's chuff and will happily sit at 80 mph all day. Fuel consumption looks good too. Apart from a nagging feeling that she has suffered some front end damage in the past (slightly wonky panel fit around one of the headlights), and a malfunctioning cigarette lighter, she seems fine. No doubt she will end up breaking my heart and lightening my wallet, but nothing ventured, nothing gained

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 11-05-2003, 10:36 AM   #24
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

hey mouse...we are going through something very similar.....

my lovely maggie (1988 dodge omni, 4 door sedan, ice blue) got diagnosed about a month ago with a "shot head gasket." before this the kelly blue book value of her was only $600-$750. but the cost to fix was $500-$600. seeing as how she has been having problems every 3-6 months we decided to find something else.

this breaks my heart as altho she is old her miles are young, only 103,000. she was my first car, and nathan has suggested letting her go for fundraiseing as a beat-the-car-with-a-sledge-hammer deal. i can't beleive he would suggest that....my poor maggie.

anyway we now have a 95 buick century with 120,000 on it. she's nice, but she's no maggie. which is probably good....she's probably not a money pit and i can fit all three kids in the back.

oh well....good luck with your new car.