Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 02:07 AM   #11
Ziroc

Wow! I loved reading that! It sure has been fun, and will BE even MORE fun in the future (With the new upgrades)

You guys got me HOOKED on this forum.. damn it! I remember in the 'early days' of the blue forum, I would just skim through for mean posts and such, and never really got into talking with many of you until I started really reading one night, and WOW... I was hooked.. You don't EVEN wanna know how many website news stories I missed or didn't put up on the main IWS news page because I was reading posts and posting!! It's FUN!!!

I also loved reading the 'how did you find ironworks' and the 'remember when you first joined' threads in the past--such GREAT threads!!!

Thanks

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 07-24-2001, 02:52 AM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Great post Winders. Great post. Thankyou.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 07-24-2001, 04:21 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Absolutely, Ladyzekke, this is one excellent post. Summed up my feelings completely!

------------------
Old 07-24-2001, 05:43 AM   #14
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Wendy! I think you summed it up perfectly! And you put together a great History of Ironworks! I feel the same way, we all now have friends all over the world. Cant really beat that!!! So thanks for posting that Wendy, you're a big part of Ironworks, you helped make it what it is today!
Old 07-24-2001, 07:42 AM   #15
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I don't think anyone could have put it better Lady Zekke. PS I have always loved your sig.
In the begining I came to IW for game information. I have had this place marked and the teamBG site since I started CRPGs. Back when I first bought BG. That was two years ago. I never actually realized that the forums were there. I was busy looking for hints and yes "cheats" here. Ziroc, I am not blowing smoke up yur bum when I say this place is great. I am very piccy about what I bookmark. The consistant quality of this site has always impressed me. I have informed friends about this site repeatedly. They have also found it and downloaded info, cheats, walkthroughs etc...
You do one hell of a job here. Thank You.
In the resent past I have spent many pleasurable hours here, reading posts, replying to some. Getting into "debates". I am glad I finally clicked on the forums link. I have been fortunate. We all are I think.
Gawd Bless you all.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 07-24-2001, 08:27 AM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I have to agree with LadyZ...

I use the internet, I surf, but rarely chat or go to forums... then, I bought BG2.I got stuck in something. Then, I ended up here! It was still blue and all, and I forgot how I got here... It was a great forum... everyone was mature and insane all at the same time...

Then, this guy bagger came along... but he's gone now....

And until now, I still got peeps who know me around the world so to speak, and to realize it is my first attempt at a forum.. it was overwhelming...

The emotion and the heart of this forum is what keeps us together. Hell, if we were peeps who just reply and get out, or something without any heart at all, we would live within a snap of a finger. But with people posting problems here, namely me, and with the overwhelming replies, it was just astounding...

I still remember the blue forum very fondly... and I still remember Yorick's and Memnoch's advice to me when I got pissed off with a friend... it was... heart-warming... everyone who replied there knew what I was going through- and that meant a lot because the people in my side of the world are nothing but air-headed people with their private parts *itching*

So, thanx!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-24-2001, 08:34 AM   #17
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I remeber when Ironworks went down, but I certainly didn't know this forum existed then. (I admit I was looking for Dale Keeper, when I found this site.)Then I decided to click on the forum, and to my surprise it was a place where people could talk to one another. An even bigger surprise was the fact that these people were nice! Miracles do happen! All of you had such cool sigs (Like Lady Z) I just had to get one!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-24-2001, 09:08 AM   #18
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Moni, if you have MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger or AIM Messenger loaded on your computer (it's all free), then all you need is a mic and speakers and you can "talk" in person to anyone. And headsets are even better (although for most people you can only use the headset earphones alone, can't have speakers AND Earphones at the sametime, it's one or the other), all can be configured in Audio HQ in Control Panel or Open Volume Controls in the desktop Sound Options. AIM is the best re sound quality in my opinion. It's really easy, you should give it a try sometime! I'd love to be able to talk to ya!
Yes, I do have AIM. It *ahem* free (You will have it installed!) with Netscape. I also have a mic and speakers but it is so like RL (in my head) that my shyness comes through and I find it hard to use. As a matter of fact all Sazerac, Wyvern and others have heard me say is "Howdy!" but I would like to be able to get past that shyness hangup and chat with you sometime!
My screen name is LastTruePrincess.

Moni

------------------

Old 07-24-2001, 10:10 AM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

What a great thread, LadyZekke! It's been since November since I discovered the Wizards and Warriors forum on the old blue boards. I've been around since then, although it was only in late March that I first hazarded to step into General Discussions (prompted by Memnoch and Cloudy, LOL!...can you say "having a spear at your rear?" ) So I've been around since, and who would have ever believed that I would now be playing BG2 and IWD...not to mention that several others (BK, RudeDawg, and Cloudy) came by to play Wizards & Warriors. That kind of networking is what we can really be proud of here at Ironworks.

Old 07-24-2001, 12:33 PM   #20
Conan

Lady Wendy, what a wonderful post you have started here. I know that I am a better person because of this forum,and computer tecnology in general. My story resembles yours a little in that when I was playing W&W I needed a little help. Although now I see that how I asked for it was , let me say, a little direct.(barbaric At first I didnt think anyone cared or would have helped me.(Saz,..cough..cough..) But I was proved wrong. The more I listened to what was on peoples minds the more I was drawn in. People in cyberspace to help other people..unheard of:0
I hope that all of you know that this is a very unique forum and I will try to lend support where ever I can. Not many things rate as good as you all are who make up this community. Scott