Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2003, 02:19 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Possible spoiler...
(*
If you don't want to know what i did, don't read any further.
*(*
Let him kill himself...I used my lvl 5 rogue/10 assassin/5 shadowdancer, and the arcane spell *off of a scroll* wounding whispers, which does 1d6+1 per caster lvl of sonic damage to attackers that hit you, and the +2 astral blade, and 12 heal potions, lol. I cast ghostly visage, and shadow evade, for lower chance of being hit/dmg reduction, and got busy. Only died about 4 times, but the golem was doing 11 and 12 pts of dmg to himself. We died at the same time on the last round of his life, but he was dead.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-29-2003, 08:39 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

As they say there is more than one way to skin a cat or in this case to kill a skinless Bone head:

YES Another possiable SPOILER for those that can't use Magic. Go no further if you don't wish to be SPOILED.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
For those of you that don't have access to Magic or scrolls and can use a one handed Hand-Axe then stop buy the store you find inside the Yawning Portal Inn and check out a Battle AXE called Venom It delivers from 10 to 36 damage with each hit on OL Boney and with a little luck you can bring him down fairly fast:

VENOM
Battleaxe
Base Damage: 1d8
Base Critical: X3

Special Properties
Damage Bonus: Acid 2d6 Damage Keen
Massive Criticals: 1d10 Damage

I have taken out The Giant Big Bone Golem on level 2 ( Ol Boney) a number of times with that AXE and the Mirror shield.

As for the other bone golems in the Undermountain the Venom Battle Axe tears them up in 4 or 5 hits.

The Acid bonus the weapon has is a very big help. I tried the same attack with a more powerful axe without any Acid Bonus and it did no damage, then again I tried with Acid Arrows, they are worthless. I put more than 100 Acid arrows into Ol Boney and he never even got any kind of injuy from them.
I think it is the combination of acid and massive criticals that the axe generates that kills the bone golems.

[ 09-29-2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]