Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2002, 09:27 PM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

OOC:Rules
This is my first attemt at running a game here , so please be understanding. I want to run D&D 2nd and 3rd edition spells and skills so that everyone has the same background of spells and character abillities. When you join , please post your character sheet includeing spells, special powers and weapons.

Uber at your own risk!!

The Hunter
was in his training room when his servants brought him a tattered arm that still clutching a blood drenched leather message tube.
"Master we found him in the forest"The Hunters beast whined.

"Was there more than just an arm , a whole person perhaps?? The Hunter inquired.

"Well..... maybe there was a little more to him , but he had an axe and a bow!! We were afraid he might want to do bad things to the master, so we askes him what he wants and he attacked us!!!We had to defend ourselves cuz without us who will protect you master??"The creature replied.

"Very well"The Hunter wearily replied"The next time we have company come and get me BEFORE you ask it what it wants"

"Okay master!! You says it we doos it!!" with that said the creature bounded out

The Hunter opened up the message tube and looked at the message.The letter was addressed to The Hunter of Jahanna ,the forrest in the desert.It was an offer of several magical texts and a large sum of gold in exchange for help with an unspecified threat to the town of Ebbinisea.Intrigued that a town on the perifery of his desert would ask him for aid , the Hunter decided almost at once to accept the offer. He called to his domestic servants and had his black coach loaded with weapons , armor , and provisions for his trip to Ebbinisea.When all was ready the Hunter brought out one of his most usefull set of items. It was a trio of skulls ,that when the propper command words were spoken ,transformed into 2 skeletal horses and a skeletal driver.As soon as the horses were hitched and the driver was in place the Hunter left his black mansion and headed for the city. He planned to rest for the duration of the trip and gave his driver orders not to disturb him unless there were other people on the road.

When everything was in order , the Hunter left the security of his forrest and began the trek toward Ebbininsea on the southern edge of his desert......

OOC: The Hunter appears to be in his early 30's. Stands 6ft tall and about 180lbs. He is currently in black velvet traveling clothes with a black and purple heavy traveling cloak. He has a bastard sword on one hip.

Stats:
dual class 8/12 ranger/elemental sorcerer

str:17
dex 16
con 15
int 17
wis 10
cha 14
49/62 move silent/hidein shadows
racial enemy: Druids
weapon prof:
**bastard sword
** short sword
** morning star
*** dual weapons

Weapons:
+1 bastard sword of wounding
+2 short sword of acid(1d6 acid dmg for 3 rnds after successfull hit)
+2 2 handed morning star (gives +2 to STR when used)
+2 leather and mithril armor AC:4 (equvalent to elven chain mail)

Elemental sorcery abilities are limited to the 4 elemnts (earth,air,fire,water) and the para elements(sun , magma ,ash , ice ,ooze, rain , ect) EX;a magic missle spell must have an elemental component , like stones or hail.

[ 04-10-2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 04-10-2002, 11:51 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

ooc:ill be in on this if its ok. if you want a background on me there is a whole lengthly thread on it in this forum, i dont feel like reposting it so just check there.
OC: Dantesis currently smoking a pipe inside his secret mansion, gazing into his scrying pool, seeing what is going on in the land of IW, when he hones in on some trouble in the town of Ebbinisea. Having more than a few merchants there that supply him with reare spell compontents Dantes feels the need to respond to this immediately. So donning his cloak of shadows, grabbing Crimson Death, and filling his bag of holding with several odds and ends Dantes teleports himself to the small town, to see what he can do.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

*a heavily armored figure in black walks into the hunter's room*

"oh whoops sorry wrong set, I thought this was the HUNTERS GUILD... err my bad..."

"excuse me sir" the hunter asks... "What may yoru stats be?"

"errmmm letsee...

STR: 2860
Dex: 1900
Con: 2800
Int: 0
Wis: 0
Char: 999...

"Why no inteligence or wisdom?"

"Im a bloody robot! hmm whered that music come from?"
*wizard of oz music starts up*
"OH i know this one! doo doot doot doot doodoot doo doot IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN!" *giant robot goes skipping off merrily down a yellow brick road singing the song to himself*

The Hunter brushed off his encounter and started to walk through his exit door when all of a sudden a ranger dashed in "OH NO I'M TOO LATE!"

"wha-who are you?"

"did you see a big black armored guy come through here?"

"umm... yes?"

"oh well I tried to warn him that he was hearing music in his HEAD but he up and started skipping off singing that darn scarecrow song!"

"... tell me young man, what are your stats?"

"me? oh im a beggining ranger... sorta new, I used to be a powerfull mage but I had a concussion that made my WIs and Int drop from 999999 to urr 14..."

"what about the rest of your stats?"

"all in all im:

STR: 17
DEX: 18
CON: 16
INT: 16
WIS: 14
CHAR: 16

Im only level 5, and i will know how to do magic missile by level 8... my weapons are a +1 to everything LighteningLongbow that does 1-4 lightening damage, I also am highly profficient in spears and haliburts... I have one of each too... I also have a pet, though i like to keep his identity under wraps..."

"so you like animals being a ranger eh?"

"umm i guess you could say that..."

"is your 'pet' worth hunting?"

"umm what's your HP?"

"about 39 or so, why?"

"mines 39 too but err my pet could kill you in one bit..."

"AH a bite eh. so he's a tiger?"

"nope..."

"a wolf then..."

"... DARNIT everybody always can identify that from the way i wear wolf ears on my head and have wolf skin clothing, baah ..."

"what's the wolf skin do for your defense?"

"adds +2 and it doesnt make noise so it allows for stealth abilities as well, I'm pretty good at dashing through castles assasinating the main leaders and then dashing out before being noticed..."

"hmm nice ability indeed"

"I also have ths super magical crystal ball taht i wont be able to learn the purpose of until im level 8..."

"how old are you son?"

"Oh me? I-im just 16..."

"hmm I could use a chap like you, come along then..."

"where are we going?"

"to slay a monster?"

"is it a good monster cuz i dont slay good monsters, I'm chaotic good ya know..."

"uh...huh well umm what is your mortal enemy anyway?"

"oh me? I hate nekromancers... my cousin was one..."

"how many have you slain??"

"including my cousin? about 2..."

"HAHA!!"

"well it's true!"

"well maybe you'll see a few more along the way!"

"...but we're in a forest in a desert, why would necromancers hang out here?"

"good point... LETS WALK THROUGH THE FOREST..."

"and then the desert..."

"then we'll meet up with my freind Azrael whom neither of us have ever met in the small town... called SMALL TOWN!..."

"...Instead of asking any questions, I belive that I shall follow you blindly!!"

"I don't suppose you have any pet camels do ya?"

"How do you think I got here?!"

*meanwhile the Uber Android continues to hop skip and jump along*

"OMIGOSH! FLOATING HAMBURGERS"
*staritchs chomping at the air while hopping up and down*

------------------

IN THE FUTURE: Rangers have SHOTGUNS... @_@
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

After a week of travel the Hunters black coach entered the town of Ebbinisea. Aside from a brief meeting with an odd Iron golem and a rather insane young ranger with a funny accent the trip was uneventfull. The Hunter's driver stopped in front of the civic hall and opened the coaches door for his master. As the Hunter got out of the coach he noticed a quartet of guards on the steps with their cross bows trained on his coach, his driver , and himself.

The Hunter raised a hand , hailing to the guards and said" Hold your fire , I am Andrys Cypher better know as The Hunter and I have been invited here by the city fathers." to illustrate his point he brandished the leather message tube.

"beg pardon sir" what appeard to be the guard in charge said"We have been beset by demons recently and your coach gave us quite a start"

"No harm done" Andrys replied,"but what is this talk of demons?"

"Well I was out on patrol" the guard said "but from what I have heard from the few survivors it was HUGE!! The demon had the head of a wolf and the claws of a crab! It killed most of the towns elite guard before it was finaly brought down."

"Well you killed it, I dont see any problem then" Andrys replied

"Aye,it was killed , but it did something to the towns water supply because after it was killed people started to turn into demons after they had drank from the public wells. THe mayor had the wells all sealed and had the guard hunt down and kill any transformed towns folk.That seemed to stop the demons from spawning , but recently they have returned and begun to take villagers. I dont know what else to tell you. Im sure the mayor will be relieved to hear of you arrival. Of the 10 messengers he sent out , your seems to be the only one who has gotten through." The guard said to Andrys.

AS Andrys climbed the steps and entered the building he thought about what the guard had told him.From the description it had been a glabrezzu that attacked the town. Tanar'i were very BAD news. After a brief conversation with a man in the mayors outer offices Andrys was quickly brought into the mayors office and introduced himself.

"Well met , I am Akif Azzar, mayor of Ebbinisea" the mayor said "I cant begin to tell you how relieved I am that you answered our plea for help"

"I heard about your "demon" problem from the guards, Care to tell me exactly what is going on here??" Andrys asked

The mayor began"About a month ago there was a terrible monster in town...."

The Hunter cut him off "Yes,yes wolfs head, crabs claws very scary, I know all that already. What I need to know now is what you expect me to do about your current problem with the towns water."

Looking a little flustered , the mayor continued "We have found out that the demons have an enclave in the Iron mountains to he west and we need them destroyed if our town is to survive. We can not re open the wells until we are sure no demons will come and repollute them.We had a mage by the name of "Dante" arrive in town a few days ago and offer his services , so he would be going with you also"

"Hmmm , I usualy work alone , but from the look of things I could use the help. Arrange a meeting for us so we can get the introductions and pleasentries out of the way and if you could be so kind as to direct me to an inn for the night."the Hunter said.

"So you will help us then?" the mayor asked "This is wonderfull news !! I cant begin to thank you"

"Don't thank me yet" The hunter replied "You havent seen my bill , now about that inn"

"The only Inn I can recomend is the Purple dragon" THe mayor said"It is the finest in for a thousand miles, I will arrange for a room and stable space"

"My thanks mayor and I will see you tomorrow"with that said the hunter left for the inn. After his coach was secured and his horses and driver returned to their inactive state, Andrys had his things brought up to his room and setteled into the common room for a night of relaxation. He sat at a table near the minstel with a full bottle of Arebellan fire wine as he enjoyed his last night of relaxation for a while.

[ 04-14-2002, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 04-14-2002, 11:05 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

From his seat in the shadows Dantes watched the figure go about his business, and enjoy his wine and watch the minstrel. To the casual observer he was relaxing, but Dantes could see otherwise. His eyes were always moving, casing the place, and sizing things up. The only one taking things a bit too seriously. This must be the hunter he'de overheard others talking about. The one that the town had sent for. The Hunter hears a voice inside his mind. "I am Dantes, you will joining me to fight the demons I hear. A brave one indeed. Will you not come join me for some wine so we may get better aquainted? I've got a fine bottle of an excellent 800 year old elven vintage."
Old 04-15-2002, 01:01 AM   #6
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Feeling a new voice in his mind , the Hunter scanned the room. When he saw the man who matched the voice he gathered his bottle and cup and went over to him and sat down.

"well met Dante I am Andrys"The hunter said as he sat down." I hear we are to be traveling companions. I wonder how long they will keep us waiting to see if any other messengers got through?"

OOC: anyone can be one of the people the town sent a message to.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:58 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

"We leave in the morning from what I hear. So tell me a little bit about yourself. Have you had any experience in matters such as this before? Iv'e only encountered one tanar'i myself, in my younger more adventuous days. Ended up sending him back to his plane of existance, but not with out a hell of a lot of fighting, and even spilled some of my own blood." Dantes chuckled. This one is particularly powerful, and a great deal more powerful than a Tanar'i should be. He must have some other additional source of power giving him strength, though I don't know what that could be. I guess we will have the pleasure of finding out. Now how about a glass of wine?" Dantes pours the hunter a glass and waits for a response.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:09 AM   #8
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Andrys takes the offered wine and has a sip before answering.

" I've not had that much experience dealing with true demons. I have bagged my fair share of monsters, but if rumors are to be believed , nothing to compare with a tanar'i. I have heard that the tanar'i are a houlocost made into flesh. That they are mountains of muscle and claws that hurl magic and death wherever they go. I have also been told , that from its description,the local elite milita killed a glabrezu here but suffered heavy casualties for it as well. If men armed with steel can kill one , surely the 2 of us being better equiped and commanding the forces of magic should be more than up to the task. I just hope that the mayor isnt sending us on some suicide mission just to placate the towns people" Andrys replied.

[ 04-16-2002, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 04-16-2002, 07:38 PM   #9
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

"A suicide mission it may be, but someone needs to stop this demon. What do you want to live forever?" Dantes jokingly asks, between sips of wine, and puffs on his pipe. "It does seem a bit odd that no other adventurers answered the call. We shall have to keep our eyes peeled. But enough, of serious matter let us relax this evening and enjoy ourselves." With that Dantes casts several spells making the smoke swirling around their heads form shapes and dance before their eyes. Dantes finishes that bottle of wine, watching his animated smoke. "Well it's going to be a long day tomorrow so I'de better get some rest." With that Dantes retires to his room for the evening.

[ 04-16-2002, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 04-16-2002, 11:02 PM   #10
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

After biding Dantes a good eve the Hunter sat in the common room of the inn a while longer to listen to the minstel play a few more songs before he retired up to his own rooms as well.

The next morning Andrys woke up just after dawn. He got dressed , made his way downstairs and had one of the serving boys gather his things and get his black coach ready to travel. As this was going on the mayor came to see Andrys and Dantes at the inn to clear up some last minute details.

"I cant tell the both of you what a service you are doing for this town " the mayor said." I have brought you some things to aid your task. First is a map of the mountains where we believe this demon infestation is comeing from. Next is the solar igniter it was given to me by a priest of Gond to aid you. To use the device,"the mayor points," you use this mirror to reflect sunlight through here.The light is magicaly transformed and magnified to become a terribly destructive beam that comes out here. The igniter part comes from the fact that it causes anything hit by the beam to be burned from within by a divine fire. Lastly I have for the 2 of you some potions of healing so that you return in good health."

"Thank you" Andrys replied "I'm sure these things will serve us well. If there isn't anything else I guess we will get started."

As Dantes and Andrys exit the inn , the Hunter motions toward his coach and says "Dantes , would you preffer to travel by coach or by horse towards our goal?"