Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2008, 01:38 AM   #31
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Dragon Age

But Bioware is making Dragon Age.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #32
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
But Bioware is making Dragon Age.
Yes, I know, but EA purchased BioWare and will be publishing Dragon Age. They purchased Westwood Stusios a few years ago and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars had SecuRom. Spore has it and this was designed by another company. Crysis:Warhead has it.

What has people up in arms over EA is not only the SecuRom (which can wreck havoc with some PCs and just try removing it after uninstall) but the limitations EA now places on how many times you can install the game on your very own system makes it a rent-to-own but the lease runs out after 3.

Hopefully Bioware has more clout because of their reoutation and quality, but EA is now paying the checks. We'll see.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #33
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah... And I am f'ing sick of new games 'checking a server' and allowing only..3 or so installs per game. (Uninstalling resets it, but I nuke shit all the time..) and online checking is bad, as in 10 years, you wanna play it again for old times, and EA doesn't exist, nor do their servers, and you can't play the game. BAD....

So, get your cracks now for it--only if you bought these games tho. Just crappy.. Hell, Microsoft won't exist in 10 years, and we'll be using some future unknown OS in 10 years..... based on a totally new code and 128bit.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #34
SecretMaster
Apophis

Just something I wanted to add. Just looking at their trailers on their main site, it seems that they infused D&D with WoW style of play. Video 4 shows the warrior class working in action. It looks like they just press an ability button and wait for it to cooldown before they can use it. The UI looks a bit WoWish too on the bottom.

I'm hoping there is a little more depth/substance to character control at least. Maybe it is just me sticking to my ol' Baldur's Gate style of play roots.

However spell combos look pretty neat.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #35
SecretMaster
Apophis

*Bump*

Hey Ziroc did you see the toolset presentation/demo they gave?
http://dragonage.bioware.com/gallery_worldbuilders.html

I'm just asking you of your opinion on it, seeing as you've had extensive experience with the NWN Aurora toolset. Any chance we'll see some modding done by yourself, even if it is SP only?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #36
SecretMaster
Apophis

Has everyone here at IW lost all love for BioWare or something? I thought us fellow IWers would be more excited about DragonAge...

Anyway, this is just a bump. For those who haven't been following this recently, there is a crap-load of information on their website. Many a nice demo video as well.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #37
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'm really looking forward to the game, but I'm not the kind of person who follow the development and check out video previews in advance. I like to get a fresh view just before it comes out, so I don't have unrealistic expectations.

But I'm pretty sure I'll get it no matter what. Did they give a release date yet?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #38
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
I'm really looking forward to the game, but I'm not the kind of person who follow the development and check out video previews in advance. I like to get a fresh view just before it comes out, so I don't have unrealistic expectations.

But I'm pretty sure I'll get it no matter what. Did they give a release date yet?
Not a definitive one. Just "spring 2009" for PC, and "holidays 2009" for consoles. There is supposed to be a "big" update to the site today, so maybe they'll give an actual date.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #39
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

God this game looks great. The interaction and story plus the whole "origin" concept is all awesome, but even the little things like the interface looks streamlined and non-intrusive. The engine looks sleek and even combat with 4 of your party appears easy to manage. These are the things I look for, story and content is great, but we all know a clunky engine and dizzy camera with crazy AI can make or break a game (see NWN's 2 - which HAS improved since but at release, was horrible)
Old 12-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #40
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

What I'm really excited for is how spells interact with one another. It's no longer "Someone cast web! DISPEL MAGIC!" Maybe you could burn the web away... or something. I dunno. Excited for it though.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote