Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2003, 09:17 AM   #11
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
You guys should read the TOS.
Is this what you are talking about LordK?
Quote:
DO NOT post links to 'warez sites'. Do not discuss pirating games, bragging about pirating or anything else. This will get your account suspended or banned. The only possible thing you CAN discuss is the so-called 'cracks' for no CD operation. SOME Games don't work on some peoples CD-ROM's. This is because of a special copy protection called 'Safe Disc'. But that is it. Anything else is considered pirating.
As andrewas said p2p programs are as legal as your browser is. If anyone would start to brag about the things mentioned in the ToS you can probably rest assured that several people would jump on them at once. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE] Sorry, thought we were not supose to discuss anything to do with p2p or anything of the like. Bowing out humbly... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 10:01 AM   #12
lethoso
Manshoon

direct connect rocks for some things, as does edonkey....

kazaa is good for common stuff....
Old 05-07-2003, 10:16 AM   #13
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Enjoy your piracy while you can. The industry that took down Napster is still at large and targeting... Morpheus is up to bat soon, I believe.

Me, I just *buy* the CD's I want to hear and games I want to play. Or turn on the radio. Is that so novel? To all of you who use these, I'd like to say YOU'RE WELCOME, since my higher price tag is due in part to your piracy.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:41 AM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

we are not specifically targeting piracy in this conversation. we are talking about a legal program of p2p. unless stated otherwise (like downloading mp3 and such.) im using kaza now. no prob and they have actually improved since they have faster donwloading and i was able to find some things needed for my computer.

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Apple's got a music downloading service now: 100 songs for 100 quarters... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 AM   #16
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Enjoy your piracy while you can. The industry that took down Napster is still at large and targeting... Morpheus is up to bat soon, I believe.

Me, I just *buy* the CD's I want to hear and games I want to play. Or turn on the radio. Is that so novel? To all of you who use these, I'd like to say YOU'RE WELCOME, since my higher price tag is due in part to your piracy.
Hmm should I bring up a troll sign? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Using p2p software does not equal piracy Timber. You know that as well as the rest of us donīt you?
Old 05-07-2003, 11:32 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Actually, I'm not very up on it at all, Willow. What exactly do you mean by p2p software? Software that lets one CPU view another. Sorry .... I really am not trolling, but am uninformed.

Now, if you are telling me that Morpheus exists for some reason other than letting people swap copyrighted or licensed material or hacks for such material, I must say I am dubious. Which is why they're coming under fire from the lawyers.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:38 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
what sort of downloading program do you use and which one is the best without so much virus and spyware? i use kazaa for the moment but it isnt so good spyware many virus files....
Quote:
DO NOT post links to 'warez sites'. Do not discuss pirating games, bragging about pirating or anything else. This will get your account suspended or banned.
Surely this is in breach of TOS!! Where are the moderators! This will increase loss of income for artists, producers and those who work to create the music you love.

Can we please not have threads directing people to programs that steal music please.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-07-2003, 11:38 AM   #19
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Actually, I'm not very up on it at all, Willow. What exactly do you mean by p2p software? Software that lets one CPU view another. Sorry .... I really am not trolling, but am uninformed.

Now, if you are telling me that Morpheus exists for some reason other than letting people swap copyrighted or licensed material or hacks for such material, I must say I am dubious. Which is why they're coming under fire from the lawyers.
Andrewas can probably explain it better than me but your computer acts as both a client and a server. Now I agree that most people use this kind of software to download copyrighted material. But downloading copyrighted material is not illegal in all countries. Sharing is though. My hubby uses direct connect, I assume itīs called that since lethoso typed that, to get game patches and freeware (download speed about 1-2Mb/s instead of 10-500kB/s from the internet). You see the possibilities? And since he is in the computer software business I can tell you he sends out a lot of angry PMs a day.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:40 AM   #20
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Surely this is in breach of TOS!! Where are the moderators! This will increase loss of income for artists, producers and those who work to create the music you love.

Can we please not have threads directing people to programs that steal music please.
What if he IS NOT downloading music then? No, that canīt be. Any person who uses file sharing software must be a thief.

[ 05-07-2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]