Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2002, 01:03 PM   #21
Epona
Zartan

That's great Ziroc!

I quite like cats, but really I'm a bird person - I have a budgie and a Senegal parrot, birds are the best!
Old 02-08-2002, 04:53 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

She looks very proud of herself. Your lucky to have such a cute owner, Aelia!!

LOL I know. She has me wrapped around her nasty sharp claws (literally ). Actually I think she's plotting something naughty . Probably planning to pounce on my Bubbles from a great height.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:56 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:

That looks kind of like our own cat Flosje (I don't know who thopught up the name but it wasn't me ). She's a grey cat too, and though she's not of a pure breed she does come closest to being a Blue Russian herself [img]smile.gif[/img]

All she does is make strange sounds almost all the time, probably because she dares not go out and hasn't seen or heard another cat in years and because she constantly wants attention and someone to point out where her food is, even though she knows, and someone to open the doors, even though she can do that herself, and get cat treats.
Oh, and she always stands on her hind legs when it's dinner time for us, leaning the front legs against the table and looking at you like she's starving and really really needs the food you're eating, only to put her nose into it and leave it lying on the ground [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's like she's telling us to be her loyal and obedient servants or get a headache

She might have some Russian Blue in her. Does she have a really thick coat? Russians have double coats, really thick and squidgy and soft and gorgeous.

LOL when Tuppence was little she used to sit ON the dining table when we were eating and stare down into our plates. She didn't want to eat anything either, just cause mischief
Old 02-08-2002, 05:01 PM   #24
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

So Choc really exists?
Old 02-08-2002, 06:16 PM   #25
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
So Choc really exists?

I'm afraid so.

Actually, choc is quite cute, I just wonder how Ziroc gets him to look directly at the camera if hes blind.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-08-2002, 06:22 PM   #26
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Pets are so fun! I wish my allergies hadn't gotten so bad that I can't have any. Some years back I used to take in strays I found. Two really good animals come to mind because they kind of ended sadly. Lady was a pregnant German Sheperd, and a male cat that looked just like Choc. Well, we managed to find homes for all of Ladies puppies It was a litter of 12! Two died shortly after birth. One because of birth trauma and the other was accidentally smothered by the exhausted mom while trying to suckle. She was a great and loyal dog. Well behaved, kind and loving. A good protector for the wife too. The cat was just a cutie who liked to curl up on laps. Unfortunately, they both had the wander lust that strays tend to have. The dog jumped the fence and the cat punched through a window screen. Both managed to find their way to the main road and get hit by cars.

Oh that's so awful. I absolutely have to keep Tuppence inside, even if the killing wildlife thing wasn't an issue. I am paranoid something will happen to my baby and I couldn't handle not knowing she was safe all the time
Old 02-08-2002, 07:01 PM   #27
Lavindathar
Harper

Well done to the best cat in the world!!!

And when she finally masters that unicycle she has been practicing on, your jaw REALLY will drop!
Old 02-08-2002, 07:05 PM   #28
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

She might have some Russian Blue in her. Does she have a really thick coat? Russians have double coats, really thick and squidgy and soft and gorgeous.

LOL when Tuppence was little she used to sit ON the dining table when we were eating and stare down into our plates. She didn't want to eat anything either, just cause mischief

It's soft and gorgeous alright, but not too thick. But the shape of the head and eyes suggest something in that direction too.
Then one time she had six little kittens, two black ones, one black-and-white, and three in all colours. Definately not a pure breed [img]smile.gif[/img]

We kept the only girl, multi-coloured and with an orange spot on the top of her head. She used to sit on the table as well, and contary to her mother we allowed it (even when she was older we'd still see her as the cute little kitten she once was [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Unfortunately, she was run over
Old 02-08-2002, 07:47 PM   #29
Pangur Ban

*acknowledges Choc as a prince among cats* *bows*

I didn't know Choc was blind !!
In fact, despite being a devoted cat lover, I haven't heard of any cat that was ..

Can I ask how Choc got this condition? I would be fascinated to hear more details of his day to day adventures, and how he compensates for his lack of vision.

( My own kitty Azrey'lle is a 12YO female abyssinian/tabby X. The most devoted and loyal furry4legsandatail companion I have ever lived with. She is sitting on her rug beside my PC, watching me, and purring softly ... )
Old 02-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #30
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thats so cute Ziroc! Choc has a great sense of hearing I think and a good awareness of his surroundings! It is you know really easy to teach a cat to fetch funny enough. Not sure how you would do it with a blind cat, but with a sighted cat you just toss a toy, cat runs after it, you follow cat, pick up toy (or take it out of its mouth LOL) and place the toy under the cat's chin. Then put your hand behind the cat's front legs, and slowly guide it to where you were sitting when you threw the toy in the first place. When you get there, drop the toy on the floor and give kitty lots of lovins and praise (even though cat hasn't really done anything yet, it was all you). Just repeat the process over and over, you'd be surprised how cats will catch on and learn to bring the toy back to you. Although watch out, you MAY create a monster, wherein in the middle of the night said cat may decide it wants to play fetch, and will drop the toy in your face whilst you are sleeping, or worse yet, the toy will will end up travelling under the covers, and you wake up with it pressed into your spine and wondering why your back hurts, only to reach around and bring up a "mousy" in your hands!!! (not a real mouse LOL, ack the horror if it were!)

Reality Show Recaps