Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Sir Goulum walked into the Radiant Heart building to get information on a secret cult building in the mountains to the west. He was very anxious of this, because it would be his first actual assignment for the Radiant Heart, since he joined 3 months ago.
As he approached Sir Kan, he noted the look on his face; it showed uneaseyness...he probably didn't think that Sir Goulum was ready.
"You called for me to come as soon as possible, Sir?" Sir Goulum asked, uneasily.
"Yes...thank you for coming with most haste...this is a very important mission for you, and the Order has the greatest faith in your ability to complete it. Now, as you know, there is a cult brewing in the Hang-Hui Mountains to the west of here...what you don't know is that the have been there since I was a new Paladin. They are a great evil, that are set on summoning a demonic creature that has but one goal: destruction and chaos.
"Your journey is to collect information on this cult. Become a member. Learn everything you can, and then report back to me as soon as you are able. I am sending a small party along with you, to make sure you will be fine. If you find others willing to join your quest, and you feel them necessary, you may let them join you. This will be your mission. Will you accept?"
said Sir Kan. The silence poured over the room, and seemed like hours till Sir Goulum got the courage to reply.
"Yes, sir...I accept. Anything to help the Order and destroy the evil in this world" Sir Goulum proudly said.
"Good. You will leave tommorrow morning. That is all," said sir Kan, and he walked off to the other end of the the Great Hall.
Sir Goulum walked out of the building feeling proud, and honored to be in this mission. As he walked across the great city of Haltnan, he wondered to himself who his companions would be. He went off to his favorite tavern, to get a drink and celebrate the occasion.

OOC- Alrighty! I guess I need some people for my party to join in. Later on, I'll need some baddies. I would request that everyone use a different font color for the dialouge of their characters. And, if you could also not post your sigs....Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

-Sir G

[ 04-12-2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 03:52 AM   #2
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Exclamation

I'm interested but I'm a n00b - you'll have to hand walk me through it...
Old 04-08-2003, 05:01 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'll be your baddie, just let me know when you need one
EDIT: better make it soon, I won't be a scary Dreadnoks forever [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 04-08-2003, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:15 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

OOC: This looks cool. [img]tongue.gif[/img] You want full stats and all for my character, or shall I just "hop in"?
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

OOC: ditto what Sir Exxon said, Keldorns Order shall ride again
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 05:24 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
OOC: This looks cool. [img]tongue.gif[/img] You want full stats and all for my character, or shall I just "hop in"?
OOC- Well, stats don't really matter much to me..I don't really understand all that sorta stuff [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I'd kinda like, though, a little bit of backround of your char. after your post of meeting up with me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 06:11 PM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

hiya al [img]smile.gif[/img]
Question: do we all have to be paladins? Excluding our big bad leggy of course
I was gonna do a type of fighter kit, if thats ok?
Lady Blue03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:02 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
hiya al [img]smile.gif[/img]
Question: do we all have to be paladins? Excluding our big bad leggy of course
I was gonna do a type of fighter kit, if thats ok?
OOC- Oh, sure! I don't mind any class for me party as long as

1. They aren't evil
2. They aren't thieves [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

OOC>Sure I'll join. Been itching around for a campaign too, since Waterdale has crumbled again. (2nd time now). Anyways, for those of you who don't know (which is most of you), I play campaigns as either SecretMaster the mysterious thief, Sir Jorlon the Paladin of the Radiant Heart, and StoneRock Chuk`tack the high priest of Clangeddin.

I'll play as Jorlon. Oh and, Jorlon is a high leveled paladin who commands his own fort, and has his own regiment of men. But since I guess this is for non b.s. guys, this will be one of his adventures he did when he was quite younger. Heh, like any of you cares, I haven't been on IW in ages and really need to start RPing again.
IC>
Jorlon- His eyes scanned the crowd in the busy city of Haltnan. It was hard to spot anyone in this crowd, especially fellow knights. But then he spotted who he was looking for. The man apparently headed into the tavern. Jorlon darted right after him. Getting past the crowd, he opened the tavern door. Now this was a friendly place, for a tavern. There were bards playing music in the corner, and surprisingly, only two men at the bar seemed intoxicated. "I knew this squire had good taste." He walked up to Sir Goulum.

"You must be Squire Goulum..." He pauses for a minute. "Eh, sorry about that. I guess I must have been misinformed. I was told you were a squire in the order, but judging by your clothes and your badge, you are obviously a knight. Anyways, my name is Sir Jorlon. But you can quit the formalities and just call me Jorlon. Anyways, I've been assigned to this Keep. I was told they needed some serious help. My Captain tells me that you have assigned in finding a particularly dangerous cult, somewhere located in the mountains west of this city. He asked me to accompany you, and I believe some others are supposed to aid you in this quest. Oh, and according to my Captain, you are in charge of this quest, everyone sticks by your orders. But once again, that information could be wrong."

Oh, almost forgot my stats and info.
Str-16
Dex-13
Con-15
Int-10
Wis-15
Cha-16

Backround
Jorlon was accepted as a squire in the order some four years ago. 6 Months after he was initiated as a squire, he proved his worthiness and devotion to the order by saving a Knights life by pulling out a spear from his chest, and tending to the wounds. He then took aggressive action, and pursued the despicable creatures back to their cave. Their, he slayed all four orcs, and rescued a peasant being held for ransom. (Those orcs didn't realize he was a peasant). Since then, he has aided Paladins and Priests alike, and seen many of the Keeps of the Radiant Heart in vast locations. Jorlon is a reliable and dependable person, but is not a strong fighter. He stays in the back row, where he acts as a defender and healer. He also has some diplomatic knowledge, and can settle minor arguements and quarrels.

[ 04-09-2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: SecretMaster ]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:41 AM   #10
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

OOC: I am willing to be your paladin's informant/s. I believe the story proceeds along the line of information and the process of requiring it. it is not all to a story but a critical part, and generates lots of opportunity to role play.

i will slackly get in and out as different faces of informants (the paladin's contact), if you wish. adding some color to the story. btw, informant does not limit to a small, hawk nosed, acute eyed, otherwisely unimpressive looking rogue slipping quietly into the shabby inn with a ragged sign says (insert a name). It can also just be the fat and ugly faced innkeeper gossiping rumors quietly with his regulars, and you happened to catch a phrase or two.

u may think I want to be dm, no, I just want to roleplay those ppl (cooperate with legloas' baddies) without directly alternating your story.

legolas, wanna talk? ^^

lets get a head start with things. lets see what I understand from reading the first post

1. there is a group of fun, peace loving farmers out there in the mountains dedicated to worship a no-joke God of Destruction.
2. we dont know who this deity is
3. we dont know if he is a real power or just an otherworldly villian bored of his miseries on Planes of Very, Very Bad Peoples, and slipped through to this world to gain worshipers. (such as a beholder)
4. it is probally involved with voodoocraft
5. you will need information from various contacts
6. some may shun away a paladin goody like you, while you may shun some away
7. there are other powers working in the city, goodly churches, badly churches, and many branches of some loose networks of national organization of reknown and respect (like shadow thieves, harpers, zhentilars) may not be too happy with either your agenda or the farmer worshipers'.
8. some will stop by to tip in about their unhappiness, aggressively (that will be me)
9. some may be threatened by the new mysterious power (me again)
10. and there is always, out there, some ppl or things (hi, it's me) would know the answers to one or another of the above questions, and some would give you a hard time making progress or simply destroy you outright, or give you all you wanna know, depending on their diverse agendas.

[ 04-10-2003, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Ken Rauhl ]
Ken Rauhl is offline   Reply With Quote