Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 10:06 AM   #1
foody
Manshoon

I really love your program with passion and you are doing a perfect job if you ask me. I still have not worked on the wall problem (cause school started so I am busy and not much time on the computer), but when I do solve it I will email you about it. The NPC remove method is diffinatly not working that I can guarantee with all my heart so I am looking forward for NPC debug method so I know why it is not working. But I just wanted to tell everyone else my game is going to be super fun to play with..the story that I am creating is going to be super fascinating especially when you have to play both midevil and futuristic in the sametime. Also after long hours of play once you reach to the surface and be on earth and not underground that by itself is a long hour of play because that's where the real game begins. It may take couple of month to reach to the surface but the real game is on the surface so that's by itself is going to take sometime also. I realized in the level list there is a maximum of just 255 and that I cannot add any more levels in the level list. So in order to make my game big, complicated and what not, I have to be very effecient in the way I use my levels in the level list.

Anyways I really wish there is away I can upload my 30+MB worth of game in the server so people can play it..the reason it is 30 because some of the big chunk of MB goes for graphics, musics and the rest goes for plotline, levels, items and so on. My fear by the time this game is complicated it is going to be huge for download and that's what scares me.

------------------
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.

I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
foody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 04:33 AM   #2
dominions
Elminster

Hi foody!

The game sounds like it's going to be great!
30MB is quite large, though. What sort of format have you got your graphics in (PNG, BMP, JPG, etc)? If they're in something like PNG or BMP you could convert them to JPG and substantially reduce the size of the files. Then again you may have already done that. Just a suggestion.

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 07:50 AM   #3
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

Just to wrap up a few things...

Foody sent me a portion of his design so I could find out why the Remove NPC event wasn't working. There is a bug in DC which breaks that event if any combat takes place with the NPC in the party.

Also, I think we figured out why his arrow animation wasn't working and what the problem was with the his new wall art.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote