Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2002, 07:12 PM   #1
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

Does anyone have the same opinion as me? I am new to the boards as charlak but i was logged on for a long time as Psybeznia, another person in my party. Anyway back to the opinoin, Does anyone else think that once you have completed an rpg such as BG or IWD that they get a bit boring, especially when you know what happens next. (I have completed IWD and The official expansion 5 times and i long for IWD 2)
Old 10-04-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Nope! Their always exciting and fun for me! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 07:34 PM   #3
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Where are you from Charlak? If you're in good old Blighty like me, we'll have to wait till the 18th October before we get a look in at IWD2. It was supposed to be out two weeks ago, and I can't really fathom what the delay could be for. Damnably annoying though.

Strangely enough, I don't find repeating BG1 or IWD too boring, 'cause if you work out the permutations for numbers and classes of characters it rounds out near the very large side of things! Just try something you've never really taken before. That's what I'm doing at the moment.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:52 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well I am on my third time through and I must say that to a large degree that after the first time RPGs are not nearly as fun. Yes, they do seem to get a bit boring.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 08:57 PM   #5
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

its always fun to try new parties for me
Old 10-04-2002, 10:56 PM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Wow, LB, I haven't heard so many British words since I was in England.
CtA: I found that creating new characters was just as rewarding the first as the last. Going through different situations with different characters, and developing them has always held appeal for me.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:44 PM   #7
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

I found it all depends on the game. BGI was kind of static even by the second time through. BGII,on the other hand,was not for me, particularly due to the different class quests. Frankly, I lost count how many times I've finished it. This is only my second time through IWD and that's without HOW or TOL so my vote isn't in yet on IWD.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:50 PM   #8
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Also check out Noble Nick's post "Party On" for what other players are doing to keep the fun alive!
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:29 PM   #9
NobleNick
Quintesson

Hey, Psybeznia! I remember you! As I recall, I didn't always agree with your post, but always enjoyed reading them. Welcome back in your new incarnation as Charlak! (Heh, heh, the axeman cometh!)

Hey, thanks for the plug, Peytin! Yeah, I guess I am so much a fan of replay that I'll start replaying even before finishing the first time through! I've started at least three times, and my most advanced party just walked up the stairs from the first floor of the first tower in Severed Hand. I haven't even gotten to HoW areas, yet!

Seriously, I can see how it would get boring for some. If I ever get bored (and I do), I just go off and play something else until the urge hits me again (and it always does!) to go back and pick up my adventure where I left off.

Oh, by the way, Peytin, I think I am going to make this my signature phrase: Party On!

edited for spelling and clarity.

[ 10-06-2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:56 PM   #10
Keraptisdm
Elminster

My answer is very politically correct; yes and no. Sometimes knowing who's around the corner, and where to look for traps takes out the excitement of the game. On the other hand, trying a different party and/or different protagonist type, creates different situations in the game. Sometimes I play the game as Noblenick describes - many parties at the same time. (Which is always fun to remember just what the heck you were doing with each group.)
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote