Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2003, 11:34 AM   #1
Cybersquidz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wondered if any one else has had this happen before. During the Shade Lord quest when you aquire the light jewel in the temple that allows you to pass through the last door. I aquired the jewel as always and also aquired all three pieces of the symbol or medallion or whatever it is. I had put the jewel in Mazzy's pack when i got it, made my way through the temple and went to exit to the section where the dragon is but found I could not. Opened up the inventories and found I still had the medallion but the light jewel that was in Mazzy's pack disappeared into thin air. Don't know exactly when it disappeared but am pretty sure I still had it after I got around the fire/lava pit. Has anyone else had items just vanish during a quest???? Is this a known bug or something?? Also back tracked through the entire temple in case it got dropped and also checked the altar thing where you get he jewel just to be sure I did pick it up but no joy.. I do not set up cluaconsole because I do not like to use it. Suppose I could use Shadow Keeper to get it but wanted to see if there might be any other way around this before I use a cheat..
Cybersquidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

You need two Sun Gems in that dungeon, to open two different doors. You've used one of them, now you need to find the last one.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hng on, im a bit confused here. Which item are you talking about? Here's a list to chose from:
  • Shadow Dragon Wardstone
  • Symbol of Amaunator (im assuming you have it assembled, 3 pieces)
  • Sun stones (there are two IIRC)
If you're missing a sunstone gem, then you cannot get to the shadow dragon (i think this is what you are talking about) You may want to go back to the area where the ghosts are, i think they give you an item, which may have booted a sunstone from your inventory. If you are talking about the ward stone (the item that makes you invisible to the Shadow Dragon, then either dont worry about it and go kill Thaxll'ssyllia(sp) or look near the ghosts again. If it's the symbol of Amaunator... i dont actually remember what you need this for, but it MAY not be neccesary...(a little voice in my head is saying, "If it's not neccesary, why's it there?)

Hope that helps, if not, im sure someone a bit more knowledgable can help you.

BTW, the CluaConsole numbers are:
  • Amauna's Bones: MISC6Q
  • Shadow Draong Wardstone: MISC6P
  • Symbol of Amaunator: KEY23
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:33 PM   #4
Cybersquidz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys,, think I might have confused one of the gems. I assembled the symbol and have the black dragon wardstone. But might have confused the gemstone you pu in the area where the small altar is located and the shadow critter that is asking for your help. Will go back there see if I missed picking something up.. Thanks again
Old 06-22-2003, 05:42 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

First, gotta clear up a discrepancy:
Sunstone Gems: Little gold gems, commonly found as loot, worth about 12 gp
Sun Gems: Quest items in the Temple Ruins dungeon

The Sun Gems automatically vanish whenever you use them to unlock one of those shadowy, door-like things that block your progress through the main hallway of the dungeon. Sir Exxon was right--there are TWO Gems, and you have already used one. Now go find the other one. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2003, 06:17 PM   #6
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by White Lancer:
Hng on, im a bit confused here. Which item are you talking about? Here's a list to chose from:
  • Shadow Dragon Wardstone
  • Symbol of Amaunator (im assuming you have it assembled, 3 pieces)
  • Sun stones (there are two IIRC)
If you're missing a sunstone gem, then you cannot get to the shadow dragon (i think this is what you are talking about) You may want to go back to the area where the ghosts are, i think they give you an item, which may have booted a sunstone from your inventory. If you are talking about the ward stone (the item that makes you invisible to the Shadow Dragon, then either dont worry about it and go kill Thaxll'ssyllia(sp) or look near the ghosts again. If it's the symbol of Amaunator... i dont actually remember what you need this for, but it MAY not be neccesary...(a little voice in my head is saying, "If it's not neccesary, why's it there?)

Hope that helps, if not, im sure someone a bit more knowledgable can help you.

BTW, the CluaConsole numbers are:
  • Amauna's Bones: MISC6Q
  • Shadow Draong Wardstone: MISC6P
  • Symbol of Amaunator: KEY23
The symbol of Amaunator is needed to open the last door leading to the shadow dragon IIRC.
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 07:33 PM   #7
Cybersquidz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Clarification. Talking about the Sun Gem... The one you take from the altar in the room where the shadows attack and are destroyed by the light cast by the jewel. Next to the jail cells where you rescue mazzy. I have (had) that jewel, the shadow dragon figure, and the medalliion symbol thing that consisted of three pieces. The jewel was in mazzy's pack but just disappeared. Always remember having that jewel still after the quest was finished.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:26 PM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

There are two of these jewels
One you get from the pedestal near Mazzy and the Shadow Jailor. It is used to dissolve the first wall of shade and disappears after that.
The second you get after crossing the Indiana Jones floor and it is used for the third shadow wall (the second you can bypass by a short trip to the lava)
The assembled Symbol of Amanautor you need to open the door at the end of the level and the Shadow Dragon Wardstone is there just so you don't get attacked right away by the ..ehm.. Shadow Dragon.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:41 PM   #9
Cybersquidz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just like you said. Know it was a little extreme but saved that game and started another. Got back to the temple and yes there are two sun gems. One you get from the pedestal and one you get off the altar. Started my original game again but guess what?? No sun gem in the altar, just and ugly bone golem. Don't know if maybe I picked it up the first time through and dropped it or what. Figured out that the first gem disappears after you get through the first barrier. The 2nd one gets through the door out to where the dragon is. Guess I will have to Shadow keeper the 2nd gem into that game. Thanks for the help everyone.