Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2003, 05:00 AM   #1
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Spoilers!
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I managed to beat the snot out of Kangaxx, BUT...before i opened the coffin and gave Kangaxx his body back a bunch of spiders warped into the tomb and started attacking me...not a problem i thought! only a bunch of spiders!...well these nasty chaps are the ones that drain your strength and then finally kill you.

I've encountered them before and got my botty thwacked, then reloaded and they never warped back....i've now managed to kill them, but does anyone know why they warp in? does someone send them after you or summat?

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 05:02 AM   #2
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I guess you have Solaufein in your party and these creeps are the dreaded Revenge Spiders.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:06 AM   #3
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Ahhh, i see! they get sent after Solaufein cos he ran off with me eh?! man they were a pain in the bum, its kinda hard to kill something with STR 1....let alone move anywhere!

Cheers Indemaijinj
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
Old 05-30-2003, 06:44 AM   #4
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

They are not considered one of the most dreaded encounters for nothing.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:17 AM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

Indeed, it seems as if you encountered the awe-inspiring Revenge Spiders. I think you're bound to meet them again. If/when it'll happen & you can't seem to beat them, post here. I have a few pointers for this specific battle, fighting it recently myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:25 AM   #6
ShadowChild
Manshoon

So they appear more than once do they? well heres a thing, i had a most unfortuante experience...just as Kangaxx had spawned in his Lich form the dastardly spiders warped in as well.

Revenge Spiders and Kangaxx in one? NO THANK YOU!!!

I've noticed that the Spiders hits cause Disease...if you use Cure Disease does it return your STR back to normal? as i noticed that when the Disease ran its course Anomen got his STR back
Old 05-30-2003, 09:24 AM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Too bad, that would have made for an exciting tavern story.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:33 AM   #8
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Aye, i did attempt it - managed to get Kangaxx down to his Demi-Lich form and killed all but one of the spiders...but by that time Jan had snuffed it, Jaheira was pushing up the daisys and Boo was trying to revive Minsc to no avail! Also Solaufein + Anomen couldn't move and my character got slaughtered eventually....AHHH! HAPPY DAYS!