Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2002, 05:35 AM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

it sounds useless to me because it does not effect the casting speed of character, it effects intiative (who starts first after rolling 1d10, +1 on 1d10 roll is nothing) I tried it, I cast a fireball with imp int and without imp int I really cant see any difference. am I right or wrong? comments welcome
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 06:06 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Improved Initiative does affect the casting speed *and* the weapon speed of the character who has it. It's excellent and I arm everyone I can with it.
Your talking of the core D&D initiative roll which they don't use in these games as theres no good way to reflect the initiative roll within the infinity engine (paralysis of your chars for one round if they fail the check is no fun).
Old 10-27-2002, 08:38 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

no you're wrong
just try and see

I thought that imp int is something like robe of vecna in bg2. but it's not. It does not disincrease casting speed nor weapon speed. totaly useless feat
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

A reduction of 1 in casting time or weapon speed is not easy to measure. Maybe a little more useful for spellcasting. I haven't seen much difference myself in weapon use.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 01:31 PM   #5
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I think it does improve casting time... but things like that are small but cumulative... lots of little things ad up to make a powerful wizard. AND a little off topic... Most of the time when my sorc casts a spell he has to wait awhile before he casts the next one... with one major exception. He can cast Animate Dead and then IMMEDIATELY cast Otilukes Resilient Sphere. Whats the deal with that?
Old 10-27-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Animate Dead takes a full round to cast. When it's done, you can cast a new spell because it's another round. Otiluke's Sphere is a 1-segment spell, so goes off very fast.

When you cast a spell that takes less than a round, say 3 segments, you have to wait for the round to end because you only get one action per round when spellcasting. So it seems longer, but actually the time is the same.

Nightowl2
Old 10-27-2002, 04:58 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Originally posted by Zoltan:

Quote:
no you're wrong
just try and see

I thought that imp int is something like robe of vecna in bg2. but it's not. It does not disincrease casting speed nor weapon speed. totaly useless feat
Read the feat description, it does both of these things so yes it does work. Unless you have the unpatched version and it's a bug.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:53 AM   #8
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

AHHH! Thx nightowl... But it was nice to think I was getting away with something. [img]smile.gif[/img] But its great timing for my HoF Otilukes RS/Animate Dead Strat...
Im so cheap. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2002, 12:49 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Jack, better to be cheap and alive than honest and dead

Besides, you're simply using the rules to your advantage. Nothing wrong with that!

Nightowl2