Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2002, 08:33 PM   #1
Pangur Ban

On the 10th of June, the Kings Domain Masters Cup Ice Skating competion will held in my home state of Victoria.

The Masters Cup is unusual, in that only adults are permitted to skate, and that there are divisions for artistic entertainment where vocals can be used in the music, and props can be used ( normally a no-no for these )

My wife Gabrielle is skating in a team of 4 women, know as the "Westies". In their first entry, 2 years ago, they won the "audience choice" award, and placed second in their division. Last year, they came first in their division, but 2nd in the audience choice.

This year the Westies want the double !! [img]graemlins/check.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/check.gif[/img]

Wearing outfits made from silver metallic glitter ( sunglasses required to watch ) [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img] they are skating to a medly of science fiction themes, and includes a mock light sabre duel between the 4 of them !!

Although I don't skate in the team, I am an honourary Westie, as I assist with the music and choreography at the team rehersals. It takes about 6 months to put a Westies routine together ...

Wish us luck !! Westies rule !! Go team go !! [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 08:39 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Good luck Pangur - and you'll be posting your home video of the routine at which web address?? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 08:45 PM   #3
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Good luck Pangur - and you'll be posting your home video of the routine at which web address?? [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'd like to do that, but I think the other Westies might inflict painful injuries on me if I did !!

They're the ones with blades on their boots, not me ..

I will post how they did in the Masters on the 11th.

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

[ 06-01-2002, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]
Old 06-01-2002, 10:28 PM   #4
MagiK

Good luck, too bad you can't make the video available on line [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2002, 10:30 PM   #5
Moni

Go Westies!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2002, 03:52 AM   #6
Pangur Ban

Thanks, Davros, MagiK, and Moni for the good wishes ..

Competition results for the Westies .....

Judges placing: 2nd
Audience choice award: 1st place

The Westies just missed out on the double, but skated very well indeed, capturing the hearts of the audience ...

A video was filmed of their performance. I suggested to the team that I could post it on my website. Their reply was *not* printable in a well run forum like Ironworks !!

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

[ 06-15-2002, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]
Old 06-15-2002, 03:59 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

God luck Pangis! hope that Westies winn!