Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

The Egyptian news agency MENA reports that President Hosni Mubarak has agreed to a request from Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to help the Palestinians maintain security in the Gaza Strip after Israeli troops withdraw from the area.

Mr Mubarak reportedly told Prime Minister Sharon that he was prepared to send security experts to the Gaza Strip to restore order and train Palestinian police officers. The Egyptian president said such assistance would be granted "after consultation with the Palestinian Authority".

However since Mr Sharon has been facing opposition from members of his own Likud party, it is still uncertain whether the Israeli cabinet will support the decision to withdraw from Gaza.

(rnw.nl)
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

heh, thats like if bush told the US that he was going to give california back to mexico... of course its not going to be popular with the israeli's... its giving something back that was rightfully taken during a war where palestine was the unjust agressor against israel.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:33 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

After Egypt was the main aggressor of concern in 1967, the peace between that country and Israel has been long-standing. It is one country that was able to accept the situation. This may in fact be a good solution. Isn't the situation between Israel and Palestine severe enough that any reasonable alternative should be considered?
Old 05-30-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Considering the fact that Egypt has done nothing to stop the weapon smugglers from his border, i find it's promise untrustworthy.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 12:47 PM   #5
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

eh, i think they can be trusted, and i'm not against bringing in another country to help. what im saying is that it is understandable that the israelis don't want to give up the gaza. legally its theirs by right and they dont HAVE to give it back. that they even are going to is a charitable act on the part of the israelis... it does make sense that the people don't like it though.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:27 PM   #6
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

They do not stop the smugglers, about what trust do we talk about? If they cared about the palestinians, Mubarak could have long ago stop the smugglers. Than no "rainbow in the sky" and 50 destroyed buildings in tel sultan.

Old 05-30-2004, 04:25 PM   #7
promethius9594
Drizzt Do'Urden

they arent particularly biased... we're not talking about smuggling, we're talking about would they go balistic on palestinians or not. the answer is most likely no.

are you forgetting who youre arguing against? i'm the one who believes that israel has a valid claim to the gaza strip and that any willingness to give that back is an act of charity. maybe you have a bigger fish to fry than whether or not egyptions want to kill palestinians?
Old 05-31-2004, 04:51 AM   #8
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

I appreciate your support promethius [img]smile.gif[/img] , i merely point out that the smugglers will continue undisturbed.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:18 PM   #9
Khazadman Risen
Manshoon

When the Israelis and Egyptians signed their peace accord, Israel gave back the Sinai. They offered to give back the Gaza strip also, but the Egyptians wanted to have nothing to do with the Palestinians. They knew they were nothing but trouble.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:53 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Israel is party to the UN Treaty, which forbids annexing territory. Promethius (and perhaps Black Baron, no sure) I can see no real argument that Israel has rights to Gaza -- other than those based on conquest, which as I said Israel agreed to eschew.