Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 11:23 PM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:

This was posted erlier by me in this thread.

That is the question Saz... Why others get locked and he for acting and saying the things he said doesnt get locked?

Dude, email me and I'll answer your question. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2002, 11:26 PM   #32
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

This is not a democracy

i love that phrase! sorry to go OT, but i had to say that!
Old 01-17-2002, 11:45 PM   #33
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:

He IS a good bloke. Im sure he had a perfecly good reason for his strange behavior

THAT does not justify the discussing language he used on my forum. I have (And the Mods) have warned him many times about this, and even on Spamming.. Don't make excuses for him.

I really do like 250, he's a great guy, he just needs to learn to follow the rules here.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-17-2002, 11:52 PM   #34
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Its really weird when someone gets gagged for posting a thread about Piracy and someone who said something bad about a little girl, but then you get this guy cussing ang getting out of line for like 10 posts straight and he is still free to post...

No he is NOT. I have suspended his account. Also, I ban anyone that jokes about Pirating software. Believe me, I take care of everyone that needs taking care of. And if I miss something, PLEASE email me asap, because I am here working most days.

I just banned yet ANOTHER guy joking about Piracy. What is it, a full moon? Something in the water?? [img]graemlins/headshake.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2002, 11:55 PM   #35
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Yeah, he was way out of line. If it were somebody else, he would have been banned for sure. I didn't see anyone provoke him. Did any of you? It looked like he just went off for no reason. He must have been having a bad day or something.

Didn't ANYONE read my reply to him in that thread? 250 HAS been suspended. Don't even say I play favorites, I don't do that Milamber, I thought you knew this by now?

Old 01-17-2002, 11:59 PM   #36
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Similarly if you think a poster has stepped out of line you should complain to a moderator by PM. I do!

It's sometimes quicker to email me before a Moderator, OR Send it to one of the Mods, AND Me. I am at this PC most of the day, either working on the Forum, Website, or Designing other Websites for companies. -- Just to relieve some of the pressure of the Mods. I know it's a time eater, and since I am here most of the time, I can deal with them faster. (I am up at NIGHT too sometimes), Vampire hours..

Old 01-18-2002, 01:03 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

No he is NOT. I have suspended his account. Also, I ban anyone that jokes about Pirating software. Believe me, I take care of everyone that needs taking care of. And if I miss something, PLEASE email me asap, because I am here working most days.

I just banned yet ANOTHER guy joking about Piracy. What is it, a full moon? Something in the water?? [img]graemlins/headshake.gif[/img]

Grand-Ranger, just goes to show that often things happen and penalties are given that are not publicized because they don't involve the rest of the forum. Keep that in mind before you imply that something wasn't done or someone is getting off lightly.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 01-18-2002, 04:06 AM   #38
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:

Didn't ANYONE read my reply to him in that thread? 250 HAS been suspended. Don't even say I play favorites, I don't do that Milamber, I thought you knew this by now?

And its a good thing u dont play favourites. If you did, this forum would be extremely unfair- but as it is it is quite fair. The only people who ever get banned or suspended bring it on themselves, and are made to realise why it happened. I have been to a forum where theres a member who gets suspended (or censured as its called there), and noone but the Overseer seems to have any idea why. Ironworks is DEFINATELY fair, and nothing is done without good reason. We have good moderators, and an abolutely exelant webmaster. We are lucky for this.
Old 01-18-2002, 04:20 AM   #39
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

quote:

(Not the moon! I have been keeping a watch out for that one! (sorry, you know me, can´t stay serious for long Z )

And well serious though. Is it so hard guy really? Do trust our mods here. I have been along for almost as long as Memnoche, before he became a mod, yep thats how long! And all the time I have been here I have seen alot.. From hellishly Liches running pages with fiends and horrors to sad events like september 11th, I have seen good things and bad things.

Believe me when I say this:
We are in very good hands here. Sure it might take awhile, but hey, we are ALOT of people here now but don´t put thread after thread up on how other people might do this and that. Do as Ziroc asked you, mail him or the mods oki?

This is a public forum and we need a bit of patience somtimes guys and gals...

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: WOLFGIR ]

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 01-18-2002, 06:26 AM   #40
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Personally, I think it's nice that Z and the mods give people an extra chance before banning or suspending them, if not, I'd probably have been long gone for what I said to Istaron on the "About Final Fantasy" thread, or Pollux whom I wasn't really nice to at all either.