Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 06:40 PM   #21
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's a hard-working admin speaking. Don't question his AUTHORITAH, even if it IS on another board

Suckup. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2002, 07:01 PM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about this shit. I trust the judgement of Ziroc, Memnoch, Sazerac and Ertai.

If anyone does disagree with the actions of a moderator I think there are more private ways of discussing it.

Similarly if you think a poster has stepped out of line you should complain to a moderator by PM. I do!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-17-2002, 07:22 PM   #23
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ok...first of all, WHAT is the post in question? Sorry, but I can't check out everything that's there, although I try, and telling me that someone is cussing in a thread out there, describing it in the vaguest sort of terms, is not going to help me find it.

Anyone want to point out the thread in question?

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-17-2002, 07:27 PM   #24
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Saz...it is a locked thread called Criminals, located one page back, I believe.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:28 PM   #25
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Ok...first of all, WHAT is the post in question? Sorry, but I can't check out everything that's there, although I try, and telling me that someone is cussing in a thread out there, describing it in the vaguest sort of terms, is not going to help me find it.

Anyone want to point out the thread in question?

-Sazerac

Saz,

I think the one they're talking about is the "Criminals" thread....250 did indeed become unreasonably, disrespectfully angry. Given the discussion and all, I can certainly understand the why of it but the fact remains that he did go way over-the-top. However, I think he realizes it now and the thread has been locked.

Btw, I am in no way condoning his words! If I'd have seen them earlier, rest assured 'Mom' would have slapped him down!!!

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]

Old 01-17-2002, 07:32 PM   #26
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:

Saz,

I think the one they're talking about is the "Criminals" thread....250 did indeed become unreasonably, disrespectfully angry. Given the discussion and all, I can certainly understand the why of it but the fact remains that he did go way over-the-top. However, I think he realizes it now and the thread has been locked.

Btw, I am in no way condoning his words! If I'd have seen them earlier, rest assured 'Mom' would have slapped him down!!!

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]

Criminals...okay, I'll go find it. That one seems to have missed me.

-Sazerac

Old 01-17-2002, 07:42 PM   #27
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay...just read the thread in question.

Since the thread is locked, there's little I can do about it here. I can assure you that if such behavior is repeated, it will NOT be tolerated. I understand 250's upset at the subject matter since I have additional information about the background of the situation, but that is no excuse for that behavior.

250, I don't know what Memnoch told you in the warning, but do understand: I like you and I don't want you to be banned, but continue something like that and it will happen.

And Grand-Ranger: WHY did you see fit to drag something up that had already been handled in the first place? I do not appreciate your tone to Memnoch at all. Regardless of how you feel about the decision he made, it was his to make. If you were going to question him at all, do it in PM, and NOT on the public forum, which is against forum policy as well, may I add.

Now let's let this thing DROP. If any of you see any more shenanigans like that, let me, Memnoch, or Ziroc know ASAP. That's what the "Report Abuse" link at the top center of the page is for.

-Sazerac

Old 01-17-2002, 07:58 PM   #28
Durwyn
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Its really weird when someone gets gagged for posting a thread about Piracy and someone who said something bad about a little girl, but then you get this guy cussing ang getting out of line for like 10 posts straight and he is still free to post...

This was posted erlier by me in this thread.

That is the question Saz... Why others get locked and he for acting and saying the things he said doesnt get locked?
Old 01-17-2002, 08:15 PM   #29
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:

This was posted erlier by me in this thread.

That is the question Saz... Why others get locked and he for acting and saying the things he said doesnt get locked?

FWIW, I have pointed the thread out to Dan (Ziroc) in e-mail and will let him make the call on what to do. I would suggest PM'ing or e-mailing Memnoch if you want further details, as I wasn't present when this occurred and cannot comment on it further.

-Saz

Old 01-17-2002, 11:18 PM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

I was just wondering how many "next times" there are going to be...

Grand-Ranger, I appreciate your concern, but you’ve been here long enough to know that if you want to question mod rulings and decisions the best – and only – option to do this is via PM or email.

Suffice to say that additional action has and will be taken against all individuals for repeated infractions. Some of these penalties may not be immediately visible to you.

There’s no need to continue to feed the flames from a thread that I locked to prevent this from happening. By creating this thread, you are in effect continuing on the feeling from the previous thread and inviting everyone to question the decision made. Mod decisions are not issues that are up for debate on this forum. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Privately, I have no problem with explaining to someone why I made a decision I did. This will not be done in public though. This is not a democracy where decisions are made by consensus. Suffice to say that decisions that are made here are never made lightly and are always thought through. If you can accept that, cool, if not, well that’s cool too.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Memnoch ]