Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 11:50 AM   #21
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I gotta story!
Back in the summer, I saw a spider web as big as anything, extending from the tree to the carport. I also saw the monsterous beast of a spider that made it. I was in a hurry for work, so had not the time to spray it with my choice of poisonous weapons.

That night, as I was coming home, I had forgotten the dang thing, and walked right through it! Knowing that spiders are nocturnally more active...I just knew that it wsa on me some where. I started screaming, taking off my clothes in the drive way, and ran into the house, slapping at whatever little tickle or ich that I felt. I rolled around on the ground, much to the surprise of my wife and baby...who began laughing at me. I made Karen check every inch of me to make sure that it was not there.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:54 AM   #22
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I gotta story!
Back in the summer, I saw a spider web as big as anything, extending from the tree to the carport. I also saw the monsterous beast of a spider that made it. I was in a hurry for work, so had not the time to spray it with my choice of poisonous weapons.

That night, as I was coming home, I had forgotten the dang thing, and walked right through it! Knowing that spiders are nocturnally more active...I just knew that it wsa on me some where. I started screaming, taking off my clothes in the drive way, and ran into the house, slapping at whatever little tickle or ich that I felt. I rolled around on the ground, much to the surprise of my wife and baby...who began laughing at me. I made Karen check every inch of me to make sure that it was not there.

OMG, that would completely freak me out! I sympathise.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:03 PM   #23
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
i detest spiders and heights. there are a few others too, but i dont want to bore you! *puts away the Tome of Fears* *whispers* i think im omniphobic...

Actually, these are my phobias, too. I'm terrible about heights, and better at spiders than I used to be. But if I see anything hairy, eight-legged, and fast scuttling across my vision the can of bug spray comes out at once, whether it's a spider or a Republican.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:16 PM   #24
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by fable:

Actually, these are my phobias, too. I'm terrible about heights, and better at spiders than I used to be. But if I see anything hairy, eight-legged, and fast scuttling across my vision the can of bug spray comes out at once, whether it's a spider or a Republican.

What if it were hairy, two legged, pudgy, and wearing an Eagles cap? Would you scamper away running like a little girl?
Old 01-15-2002, 12:20 PM   #25
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

What if it were hairy, two legged, pudgy, and wearing an Eagles cap? Would you scamper away running like a little girl?

LOL! Mr. Sexist, I know "little girls" who are third dans in kendo. They could separate your esophagus from your Isle of Langerhans by a couple of room lengths in less time than it would take you to say ARGGGGGH! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 12:21 PM   #26
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I havn't got a phobia of anything really (bit scared of stuff but hardly call it a phobia) but I have a friend who is so scared of spiders that she gets panic attacks everytime she sees one or even if she thinks there is one about. She's even been known to faint because of it...... scary.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:24 PM   #27
Epona
Zartan

Smeagol, this is completely off topic, but where in Surrey are you? I grew up in Guildford.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:27 PM   #28
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by fable:

LOL! Mr. Sexist, I know "little girls" who are third dans in kendo. They could separate your esophagus from your Isle of Langerhans by a couple of room lengths in less time than it would take you to say ARGGGGGH! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I would agree that there are plenty who could do much bodily harm to me in that much of my exercise consists of typing quickly. As you may already know, it is a saying and not a true comparison. Another saying would be "Cold as a Female Magic User's bosum in a Brassiere made of Brass Metal"
To date, I don't think anyone has recorded the actual temperature of said portion of her anatomy.

Edited because of synaptic dysfunction and a glaring lack of grammatical prowess.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Old 01-15-2002, 12:34 PM   #29
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
I would agree that there are plenty who could do much bodily harm to me in that much of my exercise consists of typing quickly. As you may already know, it is a saying and not a true comparison. Another saying would be "Cold as a Female Magic User's bosum in a Brassiere made of Brass Metal"
To date, I don't think anyone has recorded the actual temperature of said portion of her anatomy.

Not so. Lantha Halfdansen, a gnome (and son of Fred and Betty Jo Halfdansen of Salt Lake City, Utah, USA) once set out to measure just this very factor. He is responsible for the expression one hears when female magic users wearing brass brassieres pass by: "Wow, I bet she's a 3 Halfdansen." Halfdansen was not able to continue his research into other metals, but can be reached next to a mailbox in Baldur's Gate, where he exists as a fire hydrant.

On a slightly less subversive note, I've heard that there are medications that can lessen phobiac symptoms, though these are considerable side effects. They're generally used only in cases that have reached the obsessive/compulsive level, such as rather sad instance of a young mother who was eternally fearful that she would grab a knife and kill her own baby.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #30
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I come from Farnham (the top end near fleet), that's such a coinsidence, considering this isn't even an English site. I go to Guildford a lot, exactly where abouts did you grow up.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.