Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 04:33 AM   #91
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Actually durung XXX one of the stunt men died doing one of vins stunts. I do beleive it was the one near the end where he gets the parachute to open in the car then he lands on top of that bio-killing machine.
Oh... that's sad. Well that's their job... this time one got the consequence... tsktsk
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 04:52 PM   #92
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
Jackie Chan is great. Just watch his Hong Kong films rather than his Hollywood films, and you will never want to watch another American action movie.
Really? Sounds good. Any specific movie to recommend there?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:34 AM   #93
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Well personally, I think that the original "Dawn of the dead" was crap, but the recent one is one of my favourite movies.
I'm afraid you shall burn for your sins. Its nothing personal you understand. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But seriously, I haven't seen the remake but it looks like more of a horrible-things-jump-out-at-attractive-women horror film. Those are all well and good, but completely out of keeping with the original which is trying to be something very different. Its making a very clever point about consumerism, fear, and our desire to cut ourselves off from all those other horrible people in society. I think its brilliant, if not in the least bit scary. It depends what you want from a horror film, an adrenaline shot or something that makes you think.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:56 PM   #94
Karathis

worst move ever = Ghost dog

if you find it funny watch a ninja wannabe go around and kill retired people with silenced pistols, this is the movie for you _!!!

btw it also contains lots of boring shit dialogues, crappy history, no good girls and pure booring shit !!!

wanna waste 90 minutes of your life ???

watch this shit !!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:05 PM   #95
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

grumble grumble grumble... I like Ghost Dog too... mutter mutter... all these people with no taste... grumble grumble...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #96
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Karathis:
worst move ever = Ghost dog

if you find it funny watch a ninja wannabe go around and kill retired people with silenced pistols, this is the movie for you _!!!

btw it also contains lots of boring shit dialogues, crappy history, no good girls and pure booring shit !!!

wanna waste 90 minutes of your life ???

watch this shit !!
Karathis, you might want to clean up your language on the forum. This isn't the only time you've done it and even though I realize English may not be your first language, Ironworks isn't a sewer and we don't use profanity just for the sake of using it.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:21 PM   #97
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, as mentioned before, most of these are based on opinion. A worst film in one person's opinion may be someone else's favourite. I'll add my least favourite films anyway:

- Harry Potter 1 & 2. I absolutely adore the books, and since I'm a real stickler for detail, the films didn't do it for me. The acting is really poor (I understand, they were kids. But I have seen children younger act better) and far too much is cut out to make them decent films. The third one in particular seems so rushed...it completely destroys the "school term" atmosphere.

With that said, I do think the 3rd film is far better than its predecessors by a long shot. The acting is better, and some of the elements were really well done (The Hippogriff ROCKED!).

- Dungeons & Dragons, definitely. An insult to the name of fantasy.

- The old Dune film (yes, the one with Sting). It was so boring, and didn't draw me in at all. I regretted watching that.

- Maybe they don't deserve to be on the worst films ever category, but I don't like the newer Star Wars films. I mean, I enjoyed them, but after I watched the old ones again, I realised how far off they are.

Oh, to add my 2 cents on which films are good, I personally find Dracula: Dead and Loving It funny as hell. I also liked Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and I thought the 3rd Jurassic Park film was far better than the second. Not as good as the first, but waaaaay better than the second. Ah! There we go! Jurassic Park 2! Absolutely terrible!
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:09 PM   #98
Aerich
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
Jackie Chan is great. Just watch his Hong Kong films rather than his Hollywood films, and you will never want to watch another American action movie.
Really? Sounds good. Any specific movie to recommend there? </font>[/QUOTE]Check out any of the "Drunken Master" movies. Be wary of the Jackie Chan movies made at the *very* beginning of his career. They tended to have low budgets, non-existent plot, and sub-par action.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:22 PM   #99
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
And click below to find out the refutation of that that we keep posting and no one takes a blind bit of notice of. After all if Michael Moore's a liar then he'd also be lying when he said he wasn't lying! So if he says he's just telling the truth then he must be a liar. QED.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/
Except...One must consider this when understanding the whole lexicon of that debate, Hardy has yet to be refuted by the only one in the right position to do so, Michael Moore.

And besides, a combination of dodges, strawmen, appeal to spite and ad hominem attacks isn't much of a defense to begin with.

I don't want to spill that craptastic debate into this thread (which isn't craptastic) and so I'll say go back to the other, numerous threads on the subject.

As for worst movies, well, I've seen a ton of film...

In no particular order:

Godfather, Part 3 -- Francis Ford Coppola's sensibilities ran into a brick wall with the literature here, which shows a lesser, over-pompous director should have kept his hands off, for once.

The Cotton Club -- An incoherent mess of a film, which Coppola managed to spend an unbelievable 50 million dollars on.

Resident Evil -- I don't know how much they spent on it, but very little went into the script, and the cinematographer must have been fired and a couple of feral children who didn't know what a camera was employed in his place, that all the directors previous films were crap as well bodes ill for AvP...

Alien: Resurrection -- I can't begin to explain how absolutely, unbelievably shitty this film is! You have two good performances to look at, Ron Pearlman and Brad Dourif... Then you have bad cinematography and plot delivery that fails to properly put out the claustrophobia that the sets alone could deliver, if only they actually filmed them right. Not to mention that certain things look plain out of place, and it isn't hard to say that the director and designers were ripping a few people off (namely the other alien directors and Wes Craven) to achieve mediocre effect. It just wasn't as good as even Alien³, which I give respect to for its raw, downbeat edge.

Those damned man-hating fests that pass as movies on Lifetime... They're so lousy, so badly filmed, so badly acted, and then so overtly prejudicial in their treatment of sensitive issues, that they can't even be accepted among movies, but they fit in the crap pile, like those piles that swell up when it takes too much effort to drop a load in the toilet. Yes, I went there...
Old 07-09-2004, 10:50 PM   #100
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Preach it, Oblivion! I really don't know how anyone can even watch a full Lifetime "movie..." I would want to put a bullet into my face rather than do that! (j/k, of course)

but as for bad movies...I have to say that the SciFi genre has only improved since the beginning...has anyone here seen "Metropolis?" I know Fritz Lang was trying to convey a message, but c'mon, the movie was bad, and not just because it was silent or black and white, but because the acting seemed more like wildly flailing hands on the actor's parts, and the makeup was just bad...it made everone look the same...plus the sheer rambling of the script...

That was one of the very few movies that I couldn't sit through---i had to get up and leave, lest I fall asleep...

oh, and Tales From the Gimli Hospital was terrible...the entire thing was based on necrophilia and "the special scissors..." though I think what really turned me off was the downright pointless weirdness...the main character squezed fish guts onto his head to style his hair...the entire movie was a pointless story a crazy nurse told two children while their mother died in her hospital bed holding a slurpy cup, and it was made in the 80's in black and white and occaisionally green...

I hope no one hear liked either of those two movies, 'cuz they're pretty lousy...

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote