Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Being a fine upstanding member of the Anti-Anomen Society, and being prone to making stupid mistakes, I have just discovered another way to self-destruct everyone's favorite wannabe. Did you know that the rod of terror can take your charisma down to 0? Did you know that when it reaches zero you cannot raise dead or ressurct such a person since the loss of charisma points is permanent?

If you never want to see Anomen again; then equip him with the rod of terror. It only takes a few succesful attacks before the pompous one is gone forever.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:48 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Being a fine upstanding member of the Anti-Anomen Society, and being prone to making stupid mistakes, I have just discovered another way to self-destruct everyone's favorite wannabe. Did you know that the rod of terror can take your charisma down to 0? Did you know that when it reaches zero you cannot raise dead or ressurct such a person since the loss of charisma points is permanent?

If you never want to see Anomen again; then equip him with the rod of terror. It only takes a few succesful attacks before the pompous one is gone forever.
[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

That`s a surprise. Excellent job!

But i like him to suffer...

I like him to die real and slowly...

What can I say? I am a sadist
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 02:55 AM   #3
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

"Strangers ! perhaps you have more courage than the wyrms that frequent this place ! i am arrogant, warrior priest of helm. what is your name?"

i never experienced him to say more words. this is it, i thought the first time i met him. since then, i always kill him at sight or pick korgan up for a short time to do it for me.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:06 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes and if I am Evil I always say:

"Where did you get this idiotic accent? Reading to many knight novels?"

This always cracks me up! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 03:53 AM   #5
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Anocide, what a great way to go out!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:39 AM   #6
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Watch it! Or I'll sic Pirengle on you worthless haters!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 AM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Indemaijinj - cast Protection from Evil
Indemaijinj - cast Gate
*grumble grumble slobber slobber*

'Tis okay. I'm turning Ano into an unlikable prick over at FW. But the Rod of Terror tactic will come in handy for an NPC I can't stand--Aerie!

More Anomen (Aerie) slaying strategies:

--Destroy their spirits--kill everyone involved with their quests.
--The Wand of Wonder works miracles, as do cursed scrolls. (Cursed scroll of ugliness in the Coronet or the circus tent!)
--Cast PfE 10' Radius on everyone except the intended target. (Walk them out of range or something.) Then Gate. The demon will go after anyone in your party not protected before attacking enemies.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #8
Jan

Ha ha.

Thanks antryg. I'll try that.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:52 AM   #9
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

you know if u did that and then gave him the ring of human influence, would he get his abilities back?
Old 07-11-2003, 12:34 PM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just finished killing Anomen and everyone in his father's estate last night. I'm playing an assassin. When I met Anomen in the Copper Coronet and he asked to join the party, I told him I wasn't a "goody, goody character". He made some snide remark and stormed out of the Coronet. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do regarding Anomen at that time. Oh...I definitely planned to kill him at some point, but I was planning to trick him into seeking revenge so that he would fail his test for knighthood first. Oh well, the best plans oft go astray.

So I was cruising around the Government District last night looking for this bigwig artist to do a sculptor for one of the churches. After talking to the artist, I started to head for Waukeen's Promenade...then realized that the Delryn Estate was right next door. Naturally, I had to go see if this was where Anomen had stormed off to (since I hadn't seen him in the Coronet at ALL after that first encounter). I go inside and - sure enough - there he is in all of his arrogant glory. Before I could say a word he yells an insult at me and goes hostile.

Ah well...what could I do? I killed everyone in the house, looted the bodies, and raided the treasure chests. The real beauty of the situation is that I didn't suffer ANY loss of Reputation for killing them. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Apparantly nobody liked the Delryn's, not even the City Guard. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]