Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

I started hearing it yesterday and it went away when I woke up this morning, although by lunch it had returned. I haven't listened to anything loud recently nor have I engaged in any physical excersizes that have made contact with my head (I rowed but I don't see how that could affect my head).

I was wondering, should I be concerned about it? It seems to grow louder and softer every so often, it's kinda freaky
Old 10-07-2002, 01:38 PM   #2
realbinky
Elminster

If you have a minor cold (you may not know), there could be some gunk in there causing some reverb. Or maybe wax (ewww!)? Clean it with a swab dipped in peroxide. GENTLY!
Old 10-07-2002, 01:40 PM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by realbinky:
If you have a minor cold (you may not know), there could be some gunk in there causing some reverb. Or maybe wax (ewww!)? Clean it with a swab dipped in peroxide. GENTLY!
Hmm, I do indeed have a cold...thanks I'll give this a try.

Although any other suggestions would still be appriciated [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 01:43 PM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Had it once after a And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead-concert, in both ears... Took a week or so to get rid of the ringing. But I'm not gonna go to any concerts without ear-plugs anymore, that's for sure.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Had it once after a And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead-concert, in both ears... Took a week or so to get rid of the ringing. But I'm not gonna go to any concerts without ear-plugs anymore, that's for sure.
See thats the weird thing, i? haven't actually been by anything remotely loud recently, except my school of course
Old 10-07-2002, 01:47 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

It probably is your cold - that happens to me on occasion. If it persists beyond 3 days... call your doctor. It could be as easy as some inflammation (where Sudafed would fix it) or an infection. If you are just alarmed, call the doc anyway. That is what they are there for!

take care!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

That's called "tinnitus", and it's most likely caused by a minor case of otitis media (middle ear inflammation). If it persists, do go see a doctor, as it means the inflammation isn't going away. It can be accompanied by sudden "popping" sounds (a patulous eustachean tube) or by dizziness as well.

Hope things work out!

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-07-2002, 03:21 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have had similar ringing in my life for years...maybe once every three months, and I will not have a cold or anything. I still have better than normal hearing...as the hearing tests say. Yet, my case could be different than your's so I would listen to the other guys' advice if you feel so inclined to worry.
Old 10-07-2002, 03:23 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

LOL, Concert ringing? Yea, That's always a bugger

[ 10-07-2002, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Beaumanoir ]
Old 10-07-2002, 04:23 PM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You should have the ear removed immediatly! It likely has gangrene! First slice off your ear with a sharp knife, then using a drill and a paddle bit clear out the inner ear of all tissue. After doing that pour some peroxide and 151 rum over the area and duct tape a bandage to your head. Its best to shave your head so the tape comes off easier. I've had to do this a couple times and my ear has always grown back good as new! Hope I helped! [img]smile.gif[/img]