Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2000, 08:30 PM   #1
dcch

I'm besides myself... I just entered Skull Castle.. whacked a few Zombies, etc. and noticed that my Ninja leveled up~ so, I click on him and the levelup button.. WHOA... he's topped off on ALL skills at 14... but, the game wants me to choose which skills to raise, and I can't!!! So, I'm stuck in this leveling screen... I finally had to "end task" on Deep6~ to get out of there~

Please, someone tell me that there's an easy way to fix this~ after all... if you play long enough EVERYONE is going to top out at some point...

Thanks in advance,

dh
Old 12-12-2000, 09:14 PM   #2
xenotoca

strange I have way over 14 on several skills
Old 12-14-2000, 01:06 AM   #3
dcch

I'm still looking for an answer to this problem~ also, I continue to play the game, but until I find out how to work around the problem, I'm just not leveling up any of my crew~ (it's so hard to NOT push that red level button!)

I've also put posts up in both forums at Heuristic Park, and sent an e-mail in to the support team. No reply yet. If I find out how to fix this or get around it, I'll post it here for the next person this happens to (it couldn't be JUST ME!)

dh
Old 12-14-2000, 05:28 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I could understand it not letting you increase magic skills beyond 14 (ie 2 x max spell level) but I am surprised that it doesn't let you increase other skills. Simplest solution would be to learn another skill - go pay for some new skill at the guilds - surely there is one available, I can't believe that you have all weapons skills, and they are all level 14 (at least not without some form of skills editor). You're not playing with reset characters, or just one character are you?
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 08:26 PM   #5
dcch

I finally got a response from the Activision support~ after sending them my save game... here's their reply~

Hello again.

Okay, thanks so much. We took a look, and sure enough we reproduced it.
I showed this directly to one of the production testers, and he
remembered it being an early build bug, but he was told that it was
fixed. Apparently, it was not addressed in the patch either, because our
machine has that installed, and still it occurred. Unfortunately, this
means only one thing: you cannot choose the level up button, or else you
will be forced to exit the way that you have done previously - and the
way that we were forced to. As of right now, there is no other way
around this problem.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Kekoa Lee-Creel

Customer Support Representative

So, hopefully I'll be able to continue playing as long as I don't level up~ thought I'd post this in case it happens to someone else, and they go bonkers like I have~ : )
Old 12-19-2000, 10:36 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

awwwwwwww

This game had so much potential to be such a great game. Sometimes it really bugs me that they didn't go that extra distance to make the difference. dcch (how does one say that????) hope your game continues well. Sent you email too!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote