Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well this being my second time through the game I think I have a really great party to kill Chahopek with as he was quite easy this time around. Best party would be 4 druids, 1 bard, 1 fighter but I think you will have difficulty with other parts of the game. It took about 20 tries last time and I did come to the board for help but eventually my lone druid was key. This time:

2 Druids (my druids have a level of Ranger but this is to improve melee for other battles and not important in the battle against Chahopek.) Uses 3 spells, Alicorn lance should have several of these each by now, Call Lightning at least 4 of them each, and Thorn Spray at least 4 of them each. The druids will want to be as close to Chahopek as possible for Call Lightning to work. You should finish Chahopek off in 5 to 10 minutes as opposed to 15 or 20 with this arsenal of spells.
1 bard - basically plays the song that prevents and removes fear, and cast a few spells like haste on the fighter and cleric of helm, and improved invisibility on the druid so Chahopek does not go after them as much. Yes, Chahopek does see invisible creatures but the ability he uses does not always work. Positioned behind the druids to keep there courage up
1 fighter - Three points in axes, he should occasionally hit Chahopek for 20 to 30 damage but Chahopek is difficult to hit and it will not take him to long to finish of a fighter. Basically distracting Chahopek will be is duty and attack him when he goes after the druids or bard to get him to chase the fighter again.
1 cleric (Priest of Tempos)- Heal being the main spell, the priest of Helm can also act like an extra fighter with 3 points in axes as well. Between the two they will get in an occassional nice hit and pester Chahopek to give chase to one or the other.

I also have a Monk with 3 levels of Rogue in my party but I just left him away from the battle as I did not need him and he was in the way when he was near the battle so I just had him out of the way. My first game I used the Monk as my distraction as I did not have a fighter, and the Monk was good for evading hits, and his spray. So he isn't included in my party for this purpose as the key party members for this battle is listed above. Please share your favorite party and strategies against Chahopek.

[ 12-01-2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I have a single character that can kill him in three turns:
Necromancer!

Cast recitation by a cleric. Point your Finger of Death. Watch him die.
I think the same can be used with Disintegrate, but it always crashed my game.

[ 12-02-2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]