Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Now that I've made it into the last level of dragons eye(thanks Meatman for the batlle today)there is a secret room across from the bookcase and I can't find it.I'm looking all over, it's one of the off the beaten path entrances and I'd like to find it. anyone remember how to get in there? I'll be at this level for awhile, I know that it takes time to get an answer onto the boards, so I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks...it's where you find the high torturer...
TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:01 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

It is tuff to find....First are you talking about the level with the path that winds like a snake? If so it is right when you enter and see the little girl. Keep walking straight and it will be right there befor you make any turns(it is a door). [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope where on the same page!

[ 11-23-2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Dar'tanian ]
Old 11-23-2003, 11:10 PM   #3
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Found it! Thanks! I was looking for the secret entrance to the room where the High torturer was and there is a lever on the wall , next to a shelf, tricky little thing. Now I'm on to bigger problems. Ii just busted in on a party that I wasn't invited to and Yxunomei is really mad, chasing us all over the place and tearing me to pieces! Guess I'll be there for awhile, maybe til Christmas! have a good night, I'm still having fun...
TL
Old 11-24-2003, 02:30 AM   #4
kartetse
The Magister

Just rememebr though that you need to fight her with weapons that have a THAC0 of 2+! One way I got her was to set up my fighters in a narrow doorway and to have the artillery (1xMage and 1xPally with that Sseth bow-thingey) bombard her constantly, while moving my fighters out of the way as soon as they got very sore. I tried other methods and lost in rediculous fashion a couple of times but when I got it right it was niceeee!

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 01:13 PM   #5
TL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great advice! she's magic resisiant and needs to be pummeled with +2 weapons. I flew through that level and I'll go after her this evevning. I only play at night, after dinner for an hour or two. my husband thinks I'm crazy and wishes I would go back to play the Sims . He said he can tell when the battle goes bad by the nasty things he hears me shout, way upstairs in the den! Definitely gets me going when things get ugly! Tonight she goes down... I hope.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:02 PM   #6
Lymond
Manshoon

TL,

I don't think I already said it- Welcome to the boards!

There are a number of strategies for fighting Yxunomie on previous posts. If you search for her name in this forum, you'll find some great tips. The first time I fought her (well, the first time I defeated her) I employed a hit and run strategy that worked pretty well. The strategies I read on the other posts, however, are much more clever. One of my favorites involves pausing the game just prior to speaking with her and initiating spells. The spells are interrupted by the dialogue, and fire off soon after it ends and she comes after you. I've since used that a few times.

Lymond
Old 11-24-2003, 09:43 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kartetse:
Just rememebr though that you need to fight her with weapons that have a THAC0 of 2+! ~~
Minor correction. Enchantment +2 and above, not THAC0.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 01:50 AM   #8
warnie
Dungeon Master

tanks for that advice!

the boys and me are batteling those snakie bastrds , and we got our asses whipped big time in that battle , so im going to take yer advice and try again.
that snakie queenie , is one mean bitch , let me tell you.
warnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:02 AM   #9
kartetse
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
Originally posted by kartetse:
Just remember though that you need to fight her with weapons that have a THAC0 of 2+! ~~
Minor correction. Enchantment +2 and above, not THAC0. [/QUOTE]Right, please, mind instructing on the diff, please? I'm obviously not with-it, just yet. Thanks for your patience, again, Dundee!

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 11:18 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

As stated before, a weapon has three main properties, all independant of each other.

1) Enchantment
2) Damage
3) THAC0

A weapon can be +4 enchanted, but only grants a +1 THAC0 bonus; and vice versa.

Enchantment determines whether or not your weapon can harm the target.

Damage needs no explanation.

THAC0 determines your accuracy.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote