Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 12:42 PM   #291
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Hello everyone! I have just come back from vactations, camping on Roan Mountain, and was about fourteen miles from Tennessee. My best memory was MaryBeth throwing food into the Trout Pond and watching her delightful squeals as they came up and ate what she was throwing to them.
Anyway, I apologize for being away for so long. I currently do not have a PC in my home, because it is being worked on. I upgraded, but some things are still quirky. So, I hope to get online tonight or tomorrow.
I have been reading up on some of the discussion here, and as a Moderator, I cannot take sides, nor say any of you have done anything wrong. Mistral, being the current owner of this game, has not complained to me about any of you, so I cannot make any rulings or whatever. I see nothing wrong in the story, but if Mistral has made a suggestion as to how she wants this game to be played out...all of us, including me, should respect her new rules and follow them. She is the game's boss until she appoints a new one in her stead.
Let me say up front that I do not want to be this game's DM because I am a member of it. I would be afraid that I would have the opportunity to sway the game in my favor, which I do not want to do...so I will not allow myself the temptation.

I am glad to see that everybody has seemingly cooled off and back on track. I look forward to continuing this story as soon as I can get my home PC back online.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:32 PM   #292
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>> Larry, good to have you back, glad you had a good time.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:57 PM   #293
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> Sorry about that, Galadria and Attalus [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] That's why I thought of not posting for a while... I think I've loads to catch up on for the rest of the characters Will post once I'm sure I know exactly what's going on

And welcome back at last, Larry! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2002, 12:35 AM   #294
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Looks like quite a bit happened during the weekend I was out of town.

First things first: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEGOLAS!!!!!!!!

This set of character descriptions will be a bit different from the others as I am only writing the parts of npc’s and have no player character of my own presently in the thread.

I am presently DMing in the area that includes the city of Korup-shun and the two large forests near it, the Steeplewood and the Gloomwood. All NPC’s in this area are under my direction, the only exceptions being those being played by Mistral. As there are now three fairly low-level characters beginning to adventure here, this area is going to be set aside for primarily low-level adventures. Those characters of higher level currently present in this area will continue to be part of the story, but all other characters seeking to adventure in the city, the forests or the surrounding area will need to be of low level so that the feel of a lower level campaign setting can be maintained.

The major NPC’s presently active in this area are:

The Circle of the Steeplewood - A small group of very powerful druids who answer to no authority other than that of Iphigenia, their leader. They reject the idea that balance is the essence of the natural, devoting themselves instead to the passionate and beautiful aspects of the natural order. Nothing of any significance will take place within the Steeplewood without their knowing of it and the creatures of this forest are fiercely loyal to the Circle. The women are all shapeshifters, possessing an unusual form of lycanthropy by which they transform into gloamwolves, creatures which were introduced in the previous thread.

Ullalume - A member of the Circle who is neither a druid nor a lycanthrope, but is rather a cyveraen – a person gifted with the ability to control the movement of time.

Melpomene - A being that thrives on the energy released by artistic inspiration. Under the guise of ‘Cora’ she is a well-respected noblewoman with a large and beautiful estate in the Korup-shun area. She is a close friend and ally of the Circle and has apparently been the one who taught Ullalume to control her powers. She is a patron of the arts, currently allowing at least two to reside and work at her estate.

Constable Isaaks - Bluntly honest and fiercely devoted to his duty and his city, he is said to be far too honest a man to survive for long in his new post as Chief Constable of Korup-shun. He walks with a limp which he describes as the result of ‘an unfortunate misstep in the delicate dance of the city’s politics.’ He is popular among the commoners of the city.

Jasper, Sylvas and Belshon - Three sprites who are part of a larger community of sprites that inhabit an area near a spring in the Steeplewood Forest. Friendly and mischievous, they find great amusement in the adventurers who pass through the forest and seem to be well-liked by the members of the Circle.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:29 AM   #295
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (As they ride, he notices a burned-out cabin with a youth sitting on the stoop forlornly. He goes over to investigate.) "Ho, there, laddie. What happened here?" (Seeing the youth look frantically around for a place to hide, he adds reassuringly) "Don't worry, no-one will hurt you. I am Sir Blandamour of the Order of the Radiant Heart of Lathander."

BOY"Oh, gee, good, a paladin. You gotta help me, sir. I ccame back from a hunting trip and found my house like this. I don't know where my family is, or what happened. All I found was this" (He exhibits an orc arrow)

SIR BLANDAMOUR (grimly) "Well, you had better go on into town. What's the nearest one haround here? Yes, we've got an Order building, there. Give them this token, and they will put you up until you can find out something."
Old 07-23-2002, 11:36 AM   #296
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Kira

The Gloomwood

Their footsteps are heavy and confident and there is a deep, almost snarling character to their voices. The sound of their passing heralds them by some distance, a band of nearly a dozen large humanoids. Even their laughter has a harsh and cruel tone about it and a scent vaguely like that of blood seems to move with them. The rattling of loot and weapons keeps time with their footsteps and the harsh delight ringing in their goblinoid voices. As they pass through a break in the trees an exposed broadsword catches a bit of sunlight and shines merrily. The sword is as harsh and cruel as the laughter, long and broad, its edges serrated like a woodcutter’s saw. The hobgoblins continue forward making no effort to remain unnoticed. The adrenalin of battle and the delight of victory are carried about them like the sacks of spoil slung over their shoulders.

ooc: Welcome to the Gloomwood.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:30 PM   #297
Cerek the Barbaric

OOC>> Just a thought, but since this thread is about to split into two separate storylines....now seems as good a time as any to start the next chapter.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:48 PM   #298
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Not a bad idea, Cerek. But since I had this one all ready to go, I'm going to post it here as Mistral might want to start the new thread herself.

For Addison and Ni Deng

The Steeplewood Forest

Upon your entry into the forest there is a slight stirring of the wind, a simple and ordinary movement that carries within it a strange beauty for those who know how to perceive such things. The motion of the air is itself a type of speech, speech which sings and whispers the arrival of visitors. This speaking is felt and heard by other breezes in various directions and soon a whispered song is passed along the autumn colored leaves of the forest. It is a most unusual enchantment this moving air that speaks, an enchantment layered with nuances and tones to be as beautiful in its speaking as the information it conveys is useful. Indeed, there is an artfulness about the enchantments of this wood every bit as striking as the visible beauty of the forest itself and one can almost feel the delight with which such spells were crafted.

There is more than merely enchantment nearby, however. There is also awareness. A small patch of mist near a pool of clear water seems to train an active and watchful gaze upon you. Within the mist are thoughts, cautious and clever but not hostile, and these thoughts bear within them the image of a silver wolf whose form might become like that of a mist.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:09 PM   #299
Cerek the Barbaric

Addison stands in the middle of the clearing, feeling - and listening - to the breeze. The words are faint, so faint as to barely be heard - not unlike hearing a conversation in a far-away room at the end of a long corridor. If he listens closely, he can almost make out the words being said, but then they flit on by as a leaf on a summer breeze.

The aura of magic in the air is almost palpable, and he feels the hairs rise on the back of his neck and arms - not in alarm, but rather excitement. Magic has always excited him, from his earliest days as a youth. He would marvel at spellcasters, how their hands and arms weaved an intricate dance in the air, seeming to grasp arcane energy out of the very air, and then shape and mold it to their will. After leaving the monastary to begin his tutelage in the arts, he learned that mages didn't "grasp" arcane energy so much as they "gathered and guided" it.

As the magical breeze teased through his hair, he cast a spell of his own...a more powerful version of the standard spell used to Detect Magic by all mages. Whereas the normal spell merely showed the presence of magic, his spell would actually reveal the nature of the magic. When the spell was complete, Addison was mesmerized by what he saw. Multi-hued ribbons of arcane energy flowed seamlessly through the forest. The various ribbons would merge, intertwine, weave together, then separate and go in their own directions once again.

The whispered words became clearer now. They spoke from one forest inhabitant to another of the arrival of the two strangers. The messages were merely informative, not threatening in the least. As he watched the ribbons of energy, he noticed how they flowed effortlessly on the wind through the forest - permeating it without despoiling it. Nothing was disturbed by its passing, but EVERYTHING was observed by the mysterious wind.

Addison suddenly realized he was smiling like a small school boy. There was nothing he loved more than studying magic, and here was a type he had never seen before. Oh yes, he would definitely enjoy his stay in these woods.

Carrick could also sense Addison's exhiliration and decided to use that to his advantage.

"Indeed, it IS beautiful, is it not. Look at the effortless strength it carries...yet it does no harm to those that it touches. This is a rare find, my friend. This is druidic magic of the highest order. Note how it is in perfect harmony with the surrounding nature. I truly doubt there is another place of such power and stunning beauty in all of the Realms. What a perfect opportunity you have to study this magic, learn how it works, and perhaps even learn how to tap into it yourself. Think of the good we could do with this type of power.

Addison is so enraptured by the flowing magic, that he doesn't even recognize the hidden purpose behind Carrick's proposal.

"Yes, yes....I COULD study it....and perhaps come to understand it enough to wield it in some minor way. Oh, this IS a great day, Carrick, and a greater find."

Addison then becomes aware of the mist over a nearby pool of water. There is a sentience there, watching their movements. He reaches out with his ESP spell and touches the creatures mind - very gently, so as not to disturb him. He needn't bother. While his spell determines that there IS a sentience within the mist, it cannot penetrate the mist that surrounds the creatures thoghts. Very well, Addison projects his own thoughts instead.

"Greetings guardian. I come seeking a friend and mean you no harm. You may have seen the one I seek. She has a natural affinity with nature in general, and wolves in particular. Do you know of her location?"
Old 07-23-2002, 07:41 PM   #300
mistral4543

OOC>>> Okay, everyone. I think it's better for all those involved in the worlds Cyril has created to move to a separate thread, so that the various groups can locate the posts relevant to them more easily.

I will not be naming it under "Hazardous Times" since that would be too confusing. Instead, let's treat this as a separate, brand-new adventure.

Will be calling it "Dark Clouds and Darker Plots". Hope you like the name [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The rest of the thread will be dedicated to the other plots involving Galadria, Legolas, Attalus, LadyBlue, Skye, Elif, Ar Cunin and anyone else I may have unwittingly left out [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Let's keep the story rolling, everyone [img]smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread