Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Grrr! She didn't actually hit me, since I saw/heard her and moved but OMG!

I had parked in the parking lot at work, had my front door open, one foot out and was just switching out my keys for the work set, when a woman in a jeep (or jeep type thing) pulled up across the front of my car and the one next to me, obviously planning to park in the space on the driver's side of my car where I was getting out.

She sat there while I got out of my car, opened my back door and closed the front (had just hit the lock so I wouldn't need my keys again) and as I was getting my 2 bags off the back seat, she backed into the space and nearly hit me. I heard and saw her coming and after the split second thought "Oh she'll stop halfway as she knows I'm here!" and then "OH CRAP, she is really gonna just back over me!" I moved out of the way and pushed my door in a bit. She parked, (swear I saw a smug smile on her face ) and when I repeated her license number to myself out loud (was gonna try and type it into my cell ) and said she'd nearly run me over, she tosses off over her back (she's already about 6ft or more ahead of me, heading for the building), "Good luck with that! HA! I did NOT try to run you over, I didn't see you there. And I waited TWO minutes for you to get your stuff! You weren't moving fast enough!"

LOL, she didn't see me... but she sure knows she waited a whole two minutes for me to move....

She waited two minutes.....and that makes it ok to try and run over a person standing in the space or hit their car door? Damn! Did society make new rules when I wasn't looking!?

GRRR! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Oh, I've tried something like that.

One time in Copenhagen I was out with some friends and we were heading down a crowded, pedestrian-only street, and then some jackass comes driving down from behind us in a car. He doesn't honk to get people out of the way, he doesn't say anything, he just slowly drives up and hits people in the back of the leg with his front bumper so they get out of the way.

I swear, if I hadn't been so ******* stunned by the fact that the idiot literally rammed me out of the way, dude would've ended up giving me an apology the hard way, or with a new set of deep scratches in his red paint. As it was, he managed to reach a normal road and drive off before I could catch up with him.

edit: Appreciate the sentiment, Purple, but watch the language, ok? [img]smile.gif[/img] - Cloudy

[ 01-26-2007, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Geez, I don't know what it is that gets into some people when they're behind the wheel! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I understand the frustration with morons like that... might occasionally be worthwhile to help her out a bit with things like repositioning her mirrors so she can see the sides of the car better. Folding them in, pressing on the glass so it moves to a different angle when it's folded back out... cute little things like that which will take her more than the TWO MINUTES she waited for you to get out of the way.

I wouldn't encourage keying her car, 'cause that's vandalism. I might encourage a friend to park so close that she can't open the driver's side door, though... or park that close myself. Just be sure to write down the license number and VIN so you can file a claim later if needed.

I can picture the courtroom scene now...

"Your honor, I must have spent TWO MINUTES trying to get into that parking space cleanly, and I swear I didn't see how close I was when I finally pulled in!"

*sigh* Some days, the morons come out in droves... When's moron hunting season open again?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That would have burned me to the core if it would have happened to me, because you know when I get in and out of a car, I am usually standing there taking care of Caroline in her car seat and if anybody had tried something like that with me and if Caroline was already safe in her seat, I would have probably let her hit me and then sued the crap outta her and I would take Caroline to court with me as a testament that I had been accomodating her in her seat when this crazy person decided to ram me with her car. Caroline's cuteness would win over the jury if my other evidence missed the mark.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

On a somewhat similar note, I nearly ran over some crazy lady walking across a busy street without a signal or anything. It was pretty scary for me, since I'm still learning how to drive.

My dad's friend and his daughter got run over a few months back, some old man just backed over them and dragged them across the entire parking lot before they got dislodged. He then started going forward, and my dad's friend's wife managed to stick her leg in the way (getting that run over in the process) in order to stop the car from running over her husband's head. Fortunately, the husband made a nearly full recovery (still some problems with his arm), and the daughter is perfectly fine now. It just bugs me that the driver got off without so much as insurance problems on account of his age and some lawyer shenanigans.

While I'm at it, my friend's dad got hit by a drunk driver and got permanent damage to his heel. The driver also managed to get away with it because of some depression claim.

/end rant. Crazy idiots should not be allowed to purchase vehicles.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, gets better guys... LOL

Oh, this gets better gang! SHE (yes, impatient twit who tried to back into me), overheard me trying to leave a memo on my cell (didn't work- I've no clue how the dang thing works! LOL) and saying her plate number and that I had to report it to the police who would run it through the DMV and get her name for me to file a complaint if I decided to. At that time, I was thinking I would, since I'd only just watched a jeep back toward me! So she reported that I was going to illegally run her plate somehow!? LOL

Cop came to tell me she'd complained then heard my side.. LOL he sort of smiled when I told him I thought she only did that because she was scared I'd report her for nearly running me over! He basically told me that it was a 'minor incident' and not to park near the woman (he had already told HER not park near me, LOL) in future. I told him I agreed and that's why I hadn't reported her up to that time, as I'd figured there wasn't much the police would do as she hadn't actually hit me or the car. But he did ask me if I was certain she would have hit me... I told him YES, I was quite sure, and had moved since I'm not big on being hit! He also made a slight face when I told him she told ME that she'd waited TWO minutes for me to get my stuff! LOL
Old 01-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL! Called the campus rentacops, eh? At least they're on your side... although the "don't park near each other" bit is a whole lot like "go play in your own room".

You might ask the officer for a copy of the report he makes, and to make sure he makes one if he isn't planning on it. It could be useful in the future for you...

"PErson A claims that person B was going to run her plates illegally. Person B claims she noted the plates in case she decided to file a complaint against person A for trying to run her down. According to person B, person A claimed to have waited a whole two minutes prior to pulling into the parking spot next to person B. Both persons warned to stay away, stop breathing each other's air, and play nice."

And I don't support person A (aka the nitwit), so don't get me wrong. But from the cop's perspective, that's what happened.

So at this point, don't mess with her mirrors [img]smile.gif[/img] That would not look good for you...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #9
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

If I was you I'd mask myself then bullrush and beat her as she gets out of her car!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #10
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Break her car windows! Cut her tires open! Follow her home and set her house on fire! Manifest your will upon the tarpestry of creation!